NEC Group posts first-time profit
- NEC fails in bid for Cape Town venue. Chadwick, Philip // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p13
Reports that the NEC Group has failed in its bid to operate a proposed center in Cape Town, South Africa. Information on the center.
- Angle given major NEC role. // Event;Jan2007, p6
The article reports on the appointment of Martin Angle as non-executive chairman of the NEC Group.
- Project alerts shows to problem of waste. Reynolds, Emma // Event;Apr2002, p7
Presents updates on the workshop which is part of the Sustainable Exhibition Industries project of NEC Group company that focus on the scale of waste management problem of the exhibition industry in Great Britain as of April 2002. Information on the waste produced by the industry each year;...
- Briefs. // Marketing Event;May2000, p12
Provides updates on the exhibition industry in England as of May 2000. Information on the Reed Exhibitions' 100% Design show; Details on the Facilities Desk launched by NEC Group; Features of the IFE Specialty & Fine Foods show of Fresh RM.
- NEC in running for Cape Town. // Marketing Event;May2000, p14
Deals with the bidding conducted to operate a convention center in Cape Town, South Africa. Participation of NEC Group in the bidding; List of other companies joining the bid; Features of the convention center.
- MINUTE ON THE CLOCK: PAUL GOULD. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/11/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4664, p66
An interview with Paul Gould, group executive head chef of Amadeus, the NEC Group Inc.'s catering business concerning how NEC Group has changed in 35 years, catering industry and his career highlights is presented.
- Emap joins NEC shareholders. // Marketing Event;Jun97, p4
Reports that NEC Group has brought in Emap Business Communications as a joint shareholder in a subsidiary company National Exhibition Center formed to implement its expansion plans.
- What next for the NEC? Clarke, Simon // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug2001, p43
Focuses on the redevelopment strategy for the NEC exhibition complex in Birmingham, England. Involvement of the NEC Group in a construction bid for a proposed National Stadium in Birmingham; Budget for the redevelopment project.
- THE MIDLANDS: VENUE UPDATE. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Jun2011, p42
The article offers news briefs related to special events including the hospitality and events centre in Birmingham, England being planned by NEC Group Inc., the opening of the new Drayton Manor Park Hotel on August 15, 2011 and the 32 million pounds redevelopment of Edgbaston.