A view of life in London
- Conventions and Trade Shows. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/20/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p38
Presents information on conventions and trade shows that will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada. Affordable Housing Association of Certified Public Accountants; Executive Council Meeting of the Transport Workers Union of America; Annual Woman of the Year Conference and Awards Ceremony of the...
- Group reports on costs of transport disruptions. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun98, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p28
Reports on a study on the barriers to smooth road transportation, released by the Hague Consulting Group company at the 26th annual conference of the International Road Transport Union (IRU). When and where the conference was held; Inclusions in the barriers identified; How the IRU addressed...
- Unions' Wish List. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;10/5/98, Vol. 256 Issue 1, p18
Highlights the executive committee session of the organization Transportation Trades Department (TTD) in Washington. Opposition of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) of an airline competition proposals; Disapproval of TTD on the proposal of the airline industry; Commitment of the TWU of...
- Single status is the key, AMA coference told. // Public Finance;09/20/96, p6
Focuses on the theme of Transport and General Workers' Union (TGWU) head Jack Dromey's speech to council leaders at the Association of Metropolitan Authorities annual conference. Issue on single status structure as the key to agreements between employees and the national government; Highlights...
- A case of air rage avoided, Portillo gets shirty, and why big ears are burning at the Beeb. Routledge, Paul // New Statesman;7/8/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4595, p14
Comments on politics-related issues in Great Britain. Benefit of Michael Portillo's excursion into television to the shirt trade; Reception received by Norman Willis, the former Trades Union Congress general secretary at the Women's Institute annual conference; Prospects of Jack Dromey at the...
- Transport Workers discuss merger. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec81, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p59
Announces that delegates of Transport Workers established a Mass Transit Division during the union's 16h convention. Adoption of a resolution calling for consideration of a possible merger with the Amalgamated Transit Union; Plan of action of the division.
- ITF reinforces its campaign against flagging out. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;1/29/96, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p19
Reports that the International Transport Workers Federation is reinforcing its campaign against flag-of-convenience (FOC) vessels to counter what it says is continued growth in the number of substandard ships operated by rogue ship owners. Percentage of world fleet which is classified as FOC;...
- Teamsters charge corruption. // Overdrive;May95, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p29
Reports that charges of corruption have been leveled against Teamsters local, Chicago Local 705, by the international Teamsters union. Lawsuit against Local 705's former officials; Goal to recover missing fund from Local 705's pension fund.
- Mexico City: Bus-stop blues. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/24/95, Issue 16, p16
Reports on corruption in a bus union in Mexico City, Mexico.