Western Union makes use of Carnival spirit
- Western Union joins Man United platinum sponsorship programme. // Marketing Week;7/29/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p8
States that Western Union has joined Manchester United soccer team's second tier of partnerships called the platinum sponsors program. Terms of the agreement; Total worth of the deal.
- Hunter Davies. Davies, Hunter // New Statesman;12/19/97-12/26/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4365, p62
Comments on the popularity of soccer team Manchester United in England. Financial performance of the team; Performance of Manchester United players against a match it lost against the Juventus.
- Valuation time at Old Trafford. Dunn, James // BRW;4/15/96, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p84
States that although Manchester United does not recognise the value of its players it does not include note to the accounts ascribing value to its expensive collection of footballing; Task of preparing valuation; Comments from senior manager and football fan, Dale Thorpe; When valuation is...
- Western Union moves to Colorado. // Colorado Business Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p75
Reports on Western Union's plans to transfer its national headquarters from New Jersey to Colorado.
- Western Union sets up link to Thailand. // American Banker;7/9/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 130, p2
Reports on Western Union Financial Services International's initiation of bank transfer service between the United States and Thailand. Total number of countries with money transfer services.
- Western Union sending funds to Mexico. // American Banker;12/9/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 234, p2
Reports on Western Union Financial Services Inc.'s launching of Dinero en Minutos, an electronic delivery system in Mexico. Service electronically delivering funds within minutes in 300 locations in Mexico; Transfer from the United States.
- Western Union automates mortgage collection. Hornblass, Jonathan S. // American Banker;3/9/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 46, p10
Reports on Western Union Financial Services Inc.'s automated mortgage collection system. Combination of several Western Union services to provide quicker mortgage payments; Various services comprising the system.
- Western Union ads reach Times Square. Davis, Riccardo A. // Advertising Age;5/24/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p38
Reports on Western Union's launching of a print campaign targeting New York's foreign tourists. Use of Sony Corporation's giant television screen in Manhattan's Times Square; Services offered; Nature and frequency of the advertisements; American travellers as previous target audience.
- Western Union opens regional center in Costa Rica. Nylund, Andrea L. // World Trade;Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p18
Reports that Western Union Financial Services International Inc. has opened a Latin American Regional Operations Center in San Jose, Costa Rica. Services that will be provided by the center; Reasons for opening office in Costa Rica.