BA pushes Go with club tour
- British Airways' low-cost... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/16/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 7, p19
Reports that British Airways's low-cost airline subsidiary Go plans to offer airline services to Prague, Czech Republic, and Barcelona, Spain.
- Go shifts tactics with ticket sales at travel agents. // Marketing (00253650);12/2/1999, p7
Reports on the announcement made by Go, British Airways' direct airline brand, that it will begin selling flights in Great Britain through travel agents. Plan to discount flights to travel agents to sell to those customers who do not favor the firm's booking methods using telephone and the...
- HHCL produces first interactive TV work for BA's Go offshoot. Bonello, Deborah // Campaign (UK);2/23/2001, Issue 8, p5
Reports the launch of interactive television by Go owned by British Airways in Great Britain. Creation of the advertising account by HHCL & Partnership and Aviator Productions; Details on the concept of the advertising campaign.
- BA to scrap five winter services. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/14/2003, Issue 2572, p56
Reports that British Airways PLC is to eradicate five services in a bid to concentrate on 'commercially viable' routes. Plans to start a thrice-weekly service from Gatwick to Dubrovnik; Switch of some long-haul flights to Heathrow's Terminal 1; Services to Johannesburg and Tokyo.
- BA offers WWII commemorative holidays. // Air Transport World;Nov93, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p131
Highlights an offer of three tour packages by British Airways and Travellers International. Design to allow World War II veterans to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the D-Day landing at Normandy; Itineraries; Prices; Destinations.
- BA ducks agent pay questions. Noakes, GAry // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/28/2002, Issue 2537, p21
Reports on the possible commission cuts implemented by British Airways (BA) to travel agents. Discussions regarding the sector payment plans of the airline; Emphasis on the significance of travel agents to the sales of BA; Details on changes on BA's short-haul network.
- BA adds Tenerife North flights. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/7/2003, Issue 2558, p8
Reports that British Airways PLC is offering a scheduled non-stop service to Tenerife North airport from Great Britain.
- Agents team up to battle ADMs. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/7/2003, Issue 2558, p52
Reports on the plan of travel agents fighting British Airways'(BA) policy on Agency Debit Memos (ADM) to compile fines imposed on them to lobby the airline in London, England. Number of travel houses who received ADM; Reaction of agents on the fines; Need of BA to abandon its policy.
- World turning to San Diego via British Airways. Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p4
Reports on the resumption of the British Airways' service between San Diego and London on July 1, 1996 after a five-year hiatus. Background on the service offered by British Air from 1989-1991; Reason behind the move to discontinue services in 1991; Plans for the resumption of services; Ticket...