IN THIS WEEK
- World Scene. Raman, Radha // Chemical Business;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p70
Presents news briefs about the chemical industry from around the world as of September 1999. Agreement between Albemarie company and Beijing Yanhua Petrochemical Co. to form a fine chemicals joint venture in China; Acquisition of Dongsung Chemical Industrial company by Akzo Nobel subsidiary Eka...
- ICI snap up Cuprinol. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr98, p5
Reports on the acquisition plans by ICI, makers of Dulux paints and woodstains of Cuprinol, Polycell and Hammerite. Opinion of Geoff Page, marketing and strategic planning manager for ICI Dulux, on the proposed acquisition.
- Belgian firm UCB acquires ICI film plants. Miller, Diane // Plastics News;2/9/1998, Vol. 9 Issue 50, p23
Announces that UCB SA has acquired ICI film plants. Background information on UCB; What the merged companies will produce; Comments from Alain Douxchamps, spokesman for UCB.
- IN THIS WEEK. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p58
The article recalls notable events in the petrochemical industry. In September 1991, ICI planned to restructure its heavy chemicals business involving the possible merger of its plastics and petrochemicals, fibers, agricultural and Mond divisions. The Indian government has filed damages against...
- Sinopec Corp to Incorporate Beijing Yanhua. // China Chemical Reporter;1/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the merger agreement between China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. and Beijing Yanhua Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Terms under the agreement; Benefits of deal for both companies; Significance of the agreement for the chemical industry.
- Iran's NPC Plans More JV's and Acquisitions. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/18/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 17, p7
Reports on the joint venture and acquisition plans of National Petrochemical Co. (NPC) of Iran as of May 18, 2005. Agreement signed by NPC with Gail to jointly study separate olefins, methanol and methanol-to-propylene complexes in Iran and India; Joint venture planned by the company with Gas...
- Regions eye growth abroad. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/7/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 18, p14
The article reports on the significance of acquisitions for Middle Eastern and Asian countries according to business consultant Oliver Gawad. Chinese companies like Sinopec and PetroChina are continuing to focus adding capacity to local petrochemical operations, while forming joint ventures...
- Croda Acquires Uniqema from ICI. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p8
This article states that Croda International has agreed to acquire ICI's Uniqema oleochemicals and derivatives business for Â£ 410 million. Croda will pay ICI Â£ 370 million in cash and assume Â£ 40 million of unfunded pension liabilities on completion of the deal in the third quarter....
- Food Maker Buys ICI's Food Ingredients. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;3/10/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the acquisition of the food ingredients business of Quest International by Kerry Group from ICI. Chemical products produced by the business; Reason for the sale of the business; Plan of ICI for Quest.