Players prepare for contract talks
- business & finance news DIGEST. // Chemical Week;6/25/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 23, p11
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 2003. Information on the proposed alpha-olefins project of Idemitsu Petrochemical in Chiba, Japan; Plan of Mitsui Chemicals to build an elastomers plant in China.
- Japan Okays Mitsui-ldemitsu JV. // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p13
Reports that Japan's Fair Trade Commission (FTC) has given conditional approval to the proposed polyolefins merger between Mitsui Chemicals and Idemitsu Petrochemical. Condition laid by the FTC on the merger.
- Cost of quake: 51 tanks, Yen14bn. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;11/17/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 424, p7
Reports on the impact of an offshore earthquake that hit Japan in September 2003 on Idemitsu Kosan's operations. Damages at Idemitsu Kosan's refinery in Tomakomai City in Hokkaido; Impact of the refinery's closure on the firm's subsidiary, Idemetsu Petrochemical; Total cost of the damage.
- Asia in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/26/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 26, p28
Provides news update on the chemical industry in Asia as of June 26, 2000. Impact of the explosion at Nisshin Chemical Co. Ltd.'s plant in Ojima, Japan on the subsidiary, EKC Technology Inc.; Start of Idemitsu Petrochemical's feasibility studies for building an alpha olefins plant in Asia;...
- Asahi compounder stake. // Chemical Week;8/16/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p6
Reports that Asahi Chemical has bought a 15 percent stake in plastics converter Showa Plastic from Idemitsu Petrochemical.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;8/2/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 29, p18
Provides updates on the chemical industry in Asia as of August 2, 2000. Plans of Idemitsu Petrochemical company to construct its hydrogenated petroleum resin plant in Japan; Plans of Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics company to build its first compounding unit; Plans of Sumitomo Bakelite company...
- DIC, Idemitsu for PS venture. // Chemical Business;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p84
Reports on the joint venture between Dainippon Ink and Chemical (DIC) and Idemitsu Petrochemical Co. to build a polystyrene (PS) plant. Terms of agreement; Combined share of the two companies in the Japanese polystyrene market.
- CUTBACKS ARE ON THE CARDS FOR PX CONSUMERS. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;4/23/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 63, p32
The article reports on the negative speculations on Asian paraxylene following the Asian contract price (ACP) nominations. Hikes of $100/tonne to $1,200/tonne cost and freight in Asia have been proposed for May 2007 contracts by ExxonMobil, Nippon Oil and Idemitsu Petrochemical. However,...
- DIC, Idemitsu form PS venture. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;10/22/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 40, p29
Focuses on the polystyrene (PS) business partnership of Dainippon Ink and Chemical (DIC) company and Idemitsu Petrochemical company. Overview of the plan; How Idemitsu will benefit from the partnership; Status of the PS business in Japan.