VNF looks for partners to fund canal
- Too much process, not enough progress for city. Polk, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p11
Examines private-public partnership in business in Cleveland, Ohio. Goals of the partnership; Traditional leadership process in the business community; Intolerance of the business community toward entrepreneurs who do not behave like them; Need to focus on developing the means to enable...
- Puerto Rico's first water PPP project moves forward. Márquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;10/14/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that the first water Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) project will pursue in cooperation with the Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority (PRASA).
- Government plans Best Value review. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;10/11/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plan of the government of Great Britain to review the Best Value scheme in a bid to ease union opposition to public-private partnerships. Reason for the review; Views from Keith Handley, president of Socpo, the body representing local government human resource.
- Government runs away from itself. Pereira, Paul // Finance Week;11/16/2001, p68
Examines the implication of partnerships with the private sector to fund and provide services on the major backlogs in infrastructure industry. Privatization of the fleet management, power generation and information technology; Construction of first private-public partnership of the Mangaung...
- CAMBODIA: LATEST DATA RELEASES. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the increase of investment approvals in Cambodia. According to figures from Cambodian Investment Board, year on year, the value of investment approved in the Kingdom increased by 30% in the first half of 2009 to reach 223 million U.S. dollars. However, it cautions that...
- P3s: A Cost-Effective Way to Meet Infrastructure Needs? Philpotts, Tim // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p28
The author explains further the importance of public-private partnerships (PPP) in the U.S. infrastructure. He stresses that PPP can provide a cost-effective alternative way to finance projects and provide for long-term efficiencies over operations and management. It cites the problems that can...
- FACILITATING CONTINGENT COOPERATION. Wilson, Christopher // Optimum Online;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
The article presents information on how to facilitate contingent cooperation in Canada. The country's experience with collaboration notwithstanding, the successful coordination of people and resources is far from the norm anywhere. While public-private partnerships are much in vogue today,...
- Now's the time. // Metalworking Production;Nov2001, Vol. 145 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the Knowledge Campus, a public-private partnership among Gateshead Council, One NorthEast and Express Group. Value of Knowledge Campus; Aim of Knowledge Campus; Remarks from Chris Thompson, its chairman.
- Private dollars for public projects. Wise, Dan // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Mar1990, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p17
Reports that the reduced funding for public construction projects is spurring local government to team up with private sector in New Hampshire. Examples of projects of public-private partnerships; Advantages and disadvantages of the government's partnership with private sector; How the public...