Solvent season brings increases
- Butadiene shortage hikes price. // Asian Chemical News;8/30/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 458, p24
Reports on the price increase of butadiene in the Asian market as of August 2004. Impact of the blast and fire at LG Petrochemical's butadiene plant on August 25, 2004 on its operation; Factors contributing to the price hike; Estimate of butadiene supply in Asia in August and September 2004.
- LG Develops Catalytic Naphtha Cracking Process. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 21, p24
Reports on the catalytic naphtha cracking process developed by LG Petrochemical. Ethylene and propylene yield potential of the technology; Advantage of using the process; View of experts on the technology.
- Groundwork starts for LG. // European Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2067, p31
Reports on a chemical plant that LG Petrochemical plans to construct in South Korea in November 2003. Capacity of the complex.
- LG Petchem delays Yeochun cracker expansion to H1 2006. // Asian Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 415, p19
Reports on the delay in the expansion of LG Petrochemical's cracker in Yeochun, South Korea from 2005 to 2006. Planned increase in the ethylene capacity of the cracker; Plans to debottleneck its high-density polyethylene plant; Reason for the delay.
- LG restructures chemicals business. // Chemical Week;4/22/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p6
Reports that LG company will merge its LG Petrochemical and LG Chemical subsidiaries by the end of 1998 as part of restructuring program. Products manufactured by LG Petrochemical.
- LG Petrochemical inks timetable. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;4/12/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 441, p19
Reports on plans for the completion of a bisphenol A (BPA) plant of LG Petrochemical in Yeochun, South Korea, as of April 2004. Benefits of the project to the company; Implications of an agreement with Japanese traders for the project; Background on BPA production in the country.
- C3 surplus for S Korea from 2007? Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;7/25/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 500, p20
Reports on a possible propylene surplus in South Korea from 2007, according to the Korea Petrochemical Industry Association. Forecast on the volume of imports in 2005; Background on new propylene projects in the country, including the plans of LG Petrochemical for increasing its propylene...
- Star performer. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 481, p14
Presents information on the financial performance of LG Petrochemical in 2004 and its forecasts for 2005. Forecast of Park Dae-young of Hyundai Securities on operating profit of the company for 2005; Net income of the company in 2004; Projections of the company on its sales for 2005.
- LG Petchem to up hdPE to 300ktpa by Feb/Mar. // Asian Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 419, p7
Reports on the plans of LG Petrochemical to raise its high-density polyethylene capacity. Details of the expansion; Expected operating profit from the company's butadiene expansion.