- Firms line up for Al-Karaana. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/21/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on two petrochemicals schemes that are to be built in Qatar, namely the Al-Karaana complex and the Al-Sejeel complex.
- SABIC affiliate proceeds with Saudi ABS project. JAGGER, ANNA // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 22, p26
The article reports that the petroleum chemical industry company Petrokemya has awarded the initial contract for the construction of an acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plant in Saudi Arabia.
- Growth Amid the Sugar Cane. // Time;1/7/1966, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p78
The article reports on the partnership between Phillips Petroleum Co. and Puerto Rico's Industrial Development Co. that specifies the construction of a petrochemical plant in the area that will ultimately generate a 600 million investment and employ 33,000 workers. With this, the government of...
- Indian Oil to build petrochemicals facility in Iran. // Chemical Industry Digest;9/1/2015, p1
The article reports that Indian Oil Corp. Ltd. (IOCL) has planned to construct a petrochemicals plant in Iran as to expand its petrochemical business.
- Egypt in Throes of Petrochemical Industry Push Valued at $19 Billion. Oirere, Shem // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/21/2011, Vol. 267, p1
The article discusses petrochemical industry construction in Egypt, noting a plan by the Egyptian government to increase ethylene and polymer production over twenty years. Various petrochemical plant construction projects in Egypt are explored, including contracts awarded by petroleum company...
- Iran projects keep industry guessing. Tan, Florence // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;12/4/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 20, p19
The article reports on the chemical projects of the National Petrochemical Co. (NPC) in Iran. It gives an update on the olefin projects of NPC. It cites some of the problems encountered by NPC in implementing its projects. It discusses the impact of the management upheaval at NPC on the progress...
- New Skhira chemicals plant on the cards. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/27/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 43, p13
The article reports that a joint venture of state chemicals company Groupement Chimique Tunisienne and two Indian companies is set to announce by the end of 2006 plans for the development of a new sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid plant at La Skhira on the coast of Tunisia. A decision is yet to...
- Sabic to tender Jubail petrochemicals plants. BAXTER, KEVIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/22/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on a partnership as of March 2013 between the manufacturing company Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) and the Japanese chemicals manufacturing company Mitsubishi Rayon Company (MRC) to tender the engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts for two...
- HPCL gets approval for refinery, petrochemical complex in Rajasthan, India. // Chemical Business;Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p56
This article reports on the approval by the Indian Union Cabinet of the construction of Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.'s refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Barmer district in Rajasthan, India.