Which way next?
- Dow focuses on delivery. Davis, Nigel; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/7/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 18, p19
The article reports that Dow will be focusing on delivery in an asset light strategy that will see the company focusing on higher-added-value businesses and less on commodity petrochemicals and plastics. Dow will be creating a more attractive and influential petrochemical footprint through a...
- Reliance and Dow in alliance talks? Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 28, p5
The article reports that Reliance Industries is evaluating an alliance with Dow Chemical which could involve major petrochemical projects in India, Asia and other sites. Reliance has made no official statement about the speculated alliance. Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Limited, an associate...
- Tripoli launches $5bn facilities upgrade. Nield, Richard // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/23/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p12
This article reports on the launch of a programme by the Libyan government to build its first petrochemicals facilities for decades by the end of 2008. The facilities will be built alongside existing infrastructure at the Ras Lanuf petrochemicals complex and the Marsa el-Brega fertilizer...
- Strengthening links to the East. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/26/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p29
Reports on the implications of Dow Chemical's acquisition of a former petrochemical complex in eastern Germany on industries in central and eastern Europe. Importance of the plants at Bohlen, Schkopau and Leuna which make up the BSL Olefinverbund; Dow's plan to strengthen BSL's eastward ties.
- Dow gets stake in petchems. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;12/6/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 22, p13
Reports on Dow Chemical Co.'s purchase of Argentine state's petrochemical holdings. Include Petroquimica Bahia Blanca, Polisur and Indupa.
- Dow Chemical Outlines Strategy For Petrochemical Growth in China. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 12, p13
Outlines the strategy of Dow Chemical for success in China's growing petrochemical industry. China's ethylene capacity and production from 1990 to 1998; Information on Dow's manufacturing strategy; Remarks from Michael C.Y. Lung, president of Dow Chemical Ltd. in China, on how to ensure success...
- PETROCHEMICALS: MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p12
Presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry as of April 24, 2000. Prices of various chemicals; Move of Dow Chemical Company to raise its off-list prices for antifreeze-grade ethylene glycol.
- Untitled. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;8/20/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p23
The article presents information on several petrochemical projects under construction in the Middle East. It is mentioned that there are many ethylene units in Kuwait, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which are doing well, and giant ethylene plants in Saudi Arabia are performing much...
- Recovery slow for chlor-alkali market. Guzman, Doris De // ICIS Chemical Business;9/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 7, p29
The article focuses on the slow recovery in the chlor-alkali industry. While the demand from the export market has been increasing, but the U.S. market is still disturbed by the recession. China continues its capacity buildup even in the midst of recession. In July, 2010 Dow Chemical Co....