India taps US drugs assets
- Sun Pharma Proposes to Acquire Taro Shares. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;10/26/2011, Vol. 21, p916
The article mentions the proposal of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. to acquire the outstanding shares of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- IS SUN SET ON TARO? Mahalingam, T. V. // Business Today;6/29/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p86
The article reports on problems involving Mumbai, India-based Sun Pharmaceuticals' acquisition of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, a multinational manufacturer of generic pharmaceuticals, for $454 million. The article explains the rationale behind the acquisition. An overview of Taro's financial...
- Sun Pharma and Taro Wrangle Over Merger. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;6/9/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 18, p33
The article reports that Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. has threatened legal action against Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. regarding Taro's recent decision to terminate their $454-million merger agreement. Under the May 2007 agreement, Taro is not entitled to terminate the merger, Sun...
- Sun Pharma Acquires Israeli Pharma Producer. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;5/30/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p33
The article reports on the agreement of Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries to acquire generic drugs manufacturer Taro Pharmaceutical Industries. The deal is valued at $454 million. It values Taro's equity at $7.75 per share. Taro has large manufacturing sites with regulatory approval in Canada and...
- Today's Transactions: Sun Pharmaceutical to Take Over Taro Pharmaceutical. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/20/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p6
The article reports on the intention of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. to acquire pharmaceutical company Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in 2012.
- Sun Shines. Karmali, Naazneen // Forbes Asia;11/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p48
The article focuses on Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. owned by Dilip Shangvi. In May 2007 Sun struck a deal with Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. to buy the company for $454 million including the assumption of $224 million in debt from which Taro backed out and took Sun to court arguing...
- Healthcare: Sun Terminates $571M Taro Transaction. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/11/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p34
The article reports that the 571 million U.S. dollars purchase of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. was terminated after Taro's board rejected an offer of 24.50 U.S. dollars per share to buy the company.
- Taro rejects S368M offer from Indian Pharma. Kirkel, Janice // Westchester County Business Journal;7/30/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 31, p9
The article reports on the rejection of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. for a $368 million unsolicited offer from Sun Pharmaceutical Industries of India Ltd. for one-third of Taro which it does not own.
- Pharma: Other News To Note. // BioWorld Today;8/14/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 157, p7
The article reports on the proposed acquisition of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. for 39.50 U.S. dollars in cash per share.