- Standart Kimya wins auction for Petkim. // European Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2057, p8
Reports on the victory of Standart Kimya, an Uzan family-owned company, in a bid for Turkey's state-owned petrochemicals producer Petkim in 2003. Stake in Petkim that was bought by Standart; List of other bidders for Petkim; Reaction of Petkim workers to the bid winner.
- Turkish firm gets bids. Bains, Elizabeth; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/28/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the bids for the majority stake in Turkish petrochemical company Petkim in 2007. The Turkish privatization authority received 19 applications for the share. INEOS has made a lone bid, while Bassell has teamed up with Demiroren group of Turkey. Turkish oil refiner Tupras...
- TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/28/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 68, p4
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. INEOS Capital plans to acquire Norsk Hydro's polymers business for Norwegian kroner (Nkr) 5.5 billion ($910.6 million, â‚¬673.2 million). INEOS and Basell have separately made prequalifying bids for a 51% stake in Turkish...
- Petrochemicals: plastic hunger. // Chemical Week;11/24/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 39, p42
Focuses on the financial performance of the petrochemicals industry in Turkey as of November 2004. Background on the petrochemical operations of Petkim; Impact of the delay of the privatization process for TÃ¼pras and Petkim on the industry; Information on the polystyrene operations of Baser...
- CONSORTIUM WINS PETKIM MAJORITY. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that the consortium TransCentralAsia Petrochemical Holding will acquire a 51% stake in Turkish petrochemical firm Petkim.
- Turks extend Petkim deadline. // European Chemical News;11/24/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2078, p9
Reports the decision of the Turkish government to extend the tender deadline for the privatization of chemical company Petkim to January 30, 2004. Stockholders in Petkim; Overview of the privatization process.
- Eight make it to final Petkim round. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/2/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that the Turkish Privatisation Authority has received eight final bids from companies and consortia interested in acquiring a controlling stake in petrochemical major Petkim. The bidders include the Carmel-Limak consortium, TransCentralAsia Petrochemical Holding, Zorlu...
- Petkim to be Privatized This Year. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p15
Details the plan of the Turkish government to privatize petrochemical company Petkim in 2001. Chemical plants to be sold; Sales posted by Petkim in 2000.
- Petkim privatisation makes strides as state advertises. // European Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2037, p8
Reports on the privatization of the petrochemical company Petkim in Turkey. Value of the company; Decline in the company sales; Net profit of the company.