- M1-Series Tanks... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec99, Issue 565, p12
Presents tips on how to adjust the track tension of M1-Series Tanks. Step-by-step procedure.
- M1A1 Tank... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec99, Issue 565, p14
Focuses on how to find the race ring wiper seal of the M1A1 Tank. Location of the felt wiper seal; Where the seal could be seen if it is damaged.
- Deflect the Damage. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Apr2002, Issue 593, p9
Presents preventive maintenance measures for the feed tray covers of M1-Series Tanks. Benefits from a homemade deflector; Materials needed in making a deflector; List of commercially available deflectors.
- REPLENISH THE REPLENISHER. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Apr2002, Issue 593, p10
Recommends preventive maintenance measures for M1-Series tanks. Importance of checking the hydraulic fluid level; Procedure in refilling oil replenisher.
- A plug for proper torquing. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May95, Issue 510, p14
Provides tips for the prevention of oil leaks on the M1-Series tanks. Determination of the torque value for reinstalling the level plug and drain plug; Difference in torque values of level and drain plugs.
- M1-series tanks... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Oct98, Issue 551, p14
Provides information on how to protect the brake control assembly cable in United States Army's M1-series tanks.
- Hit Back with Frame PM. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jan99, Issue 554, p14
Provides tips on how to protect the spent ammunition frame in M1-series tanks from the impact of loaders and empty shell casings. Possible wear on cotter pins that connect the frame to the spent ammunition screen guard; Replacement of rusty pivoting bars on the frame's flipper and shield;...
- Keep 'em Moving. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jan99, Issue 554, p15
Discusses how to prevent M1-series tanks from having leaky roadwheel hubs. Need to move the vehicles at least every two weeks; Settlement of oil in bottom of hub.
- Pin the Blame on IGV Pin. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jan99, Issue 554, p15
Focuses on the effect of a missing inlet guide vane (IGV) actuator pin on the operation of M1-series tanks. Lost of engine power; Fuel control faulty light that keeps on coming on; Way to check each pin.
- M1-Series Tanks... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Dec96, Issue 529, p14
Deals with maintenance of M1-series tanks fuel cell heat shield. Commons reason for replacing the heat shield; How to replace the heat shield.