ICIS improves contact with its Chinese customer base
- PTA Sellers Try to Limit Price Decline. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;1/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of the producers of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) to limit the decline in first-quarter contract prices. Purpose of minimizing PTA decrease; Demand for PTA.
- PURIFIED TEREPHTHALIC ACID. // Supply Management;7/3/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p60
The article reports that European purchasers of purified terephthalic acid face the prospect of significant price increases. Purified terephthalic acid is mainly used in the production of polyester. Contracts in March 2008 settled at Â£797-824/tonne for free delivered northwest Europe, a...
- markets & economics. // Chemical Week;9/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 33, p41
Presents several brief news on issues surrounding chemical industry. Deals entered by the United States Gulf Coast ethylene producers; Decrease in butadiene prices; Information on Amoco's purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant at Geel, Belgium.
- Fibres fall ahead of year-end. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p48
The article presents updates on trends in the chemical industry. Prices are on a downtrend, with only acrylonitrile firming. Most markets are suffering from reduced off-take as the end of the year approaches, while p-terephthalic acid contracts are in stalemate after prolonged discussions....
- PTA/MEG hikes push producers to up operating rates. // Asian Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p28
Reports on the decision of Asian purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and monoethylene glycol (MEG) producers to increase its operating rates in both products. Price increase of spot PTA; Percentage increase of the PTA operating rate of Samsung Petrochemical; Information on the MEG production of...
- Choppy waters. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;10/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p14
Provides information on the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) market in China as of October 2003. Factors behind the frequent increases and declines in PTA pricing and shipment; Estimated imports into China in 2003; PTA spot prices in September 2003.
- Snug acetic acid hits high. Lee, Helen; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p25
The article focuses on prices of spot acetic acid in Asia, which have reached a one year high. Some sellers claim that prices are being held up by tightness, robust demand from new downstream purified terephthalic acid (PTA) capacities in China and pent up cost pressure from elevated methanol...
- PTA market feels pressure. Lee, Salmon Aidan; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;10/9/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 38, p30
The article reports on the challenges faced by purified terephthalic acid (PTA) producers in Asia with regards to PTA prices and feedstock costs. One Singapore trader pointed out that there will be a lot of pressure on PTA makers to sell at competitive prices in October 2006, if they do not sell...
- High paraxylene costs push up PTA spot and term prices. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 455, p24
Reports on the price increase of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) in Asia as of August 2004. Reason behind the price increase of PTA; Impact of the price increase on the contract nominations of several chemical-producing companies; Effect of the price increase on the market of other chemicals.