Cabot shuts Waverley plant
- Cabot Moves Masterbatch Production to Tianjin from Hong Kong. // China Chemical Reporter;1/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2/3, p16
The article reports on the announcement of Cabot Corp. concerning the closure of its masterbatch plant in Hong Kong, China and the moving of its production to its facility in Tianjin, China.
- Black days at local factory. James, David; Roberts, Craig // BRW;11/18/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p27
Reports on the planned closure of the operations of Cabot Corp., a multinational specialty chemicals company, in Australia. Shift of its production plant to Asia; Statement of Peter Morley, managing director at the firm, regarding the reasons for the exit; Plan to decommission and sell the plant.
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;4/14/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 12, p43
This sections presents an update on the chemical and plastics industry. Kureha PGA broke ground on a polyglycolic acid (PGA) production plant at DuPont's Belle, West Virginia (WV) site. Solutia says it will increase prices for all its Ascend and Vydyne brand nylon-6, 6 resins in North America by...
- Week in brief. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/26/2015, Issue 3684, p44
This section offers news briefs relating to the global chemical industry as of October 26, 2015. U.S.-based compounder A. Schulman is planning to close three facilities in Evansville, Illinois after being acquired by Citadel Plastics in early 2015. A steady specialty chemicals market volume...
- Michelin closing C3M plant in Sweden. // Tire Business;5/21/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p19
Reports the plan of Michelin Gummiringar A.B. to close the tire plants in Kungaiv, Sweden.
- Conti to shut plants one week. // Tire Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p1
Reports the plans of Continental Tire North America to shut down tire production plants in Hanover, Germany.
- Plant to close as Cabot restructures in Europe. Raleigh, Patrick // European Rubber Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 185 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the plan of Cabot Corp. to close its carbon black plant in Zierbena, Spain as part of the restructuring of the firm's European operation. Details of the restructuring plan; Reason for choosing the Zierbena plant for closure; Locations of Cabot's other European carbon black facilities.
- Cabot to Close Hong Kong Masterbatch Plant, Move Production to Tianjin. Ramesh, Deppti // Chemical Week;1/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on the announcement of the plan of Cabot to permanently close its masterbatch facility in Hong Kong, China by March 31, 2012 and relocate to the Tianjin, China site.
- On the Block At Cabot: Barium Titanate Division. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/23/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p5
Presents information on the options considered by chemicals manufacturer Boston, Massachusetts-based Cabot Corp. for its barium titanate business.