solvay expands soda ash for pharma use
- Europe in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/21/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 16, p4
Reports on various international developments relating to chemical industries as of May 2, 2002. SGL Carbon's sale of its Italian electrical contacts business to Schunk Group of Germany; Aventis' sale of 40 percent of its stake in Rhodia to financial buyer Credit Lyonnais.
- SGL Group Accelerates Development in Asian Market. // China Chemical Reporter;12/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p9
The article reports on the expectation of the SGL Group-The Carbon Co. to achieve the mid term targets of 40%-50% sales growth by 2011. The company aims to accelerate the development in global advanced material market, especially in Asia. It is said that the company will focus on innovation and...
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;11/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 43, p21
Reports on the earnings of two European chemical companies in 2000. Percent increase in the pretax profit of Lenzing in the third-quarter of 2000; Net profit posted by SGL Carbon in the first nine months of 2000.
- SGL Group's Ten-Year Presence in China. Wei Linlin // China Chemical Reporter;11/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p7
The article reports on the business performance of chemical industry SGL Group in China. The company has about 500 employees in the country. Its annual sales maintained a double-digit growth, particularly during 2004 to 2007. The sales in 2007 rose over 60%, much higher than the group's global...
- SPECIALITIES ROUNDUP. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 481, p8
Presents updates related to the chemical industry in Asia as of March 2005. Confirmation of the European Commission regarding its statement of objections against chemical companies for price fixing of hydrogen peroxide, perborate and percarbonate; Plan of ExxonMobil Chemical to expand its...
- newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;11/28/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 39, p6
This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical industry. Solutia says a federal court has approved its reorganization plan, paving the way for the company to emerge from bankruptcy in early 2008. European Environment Commissioner Stavros Dimas has indicated to industry groups that he...
- Newsbriefs. // Chemical Week;7/21/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 27, p5
Presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry. Expected earnings of Air Products for the quarter ended June 30, 1999; SGL Carbon's settlement with the AmeriSteel plaintiffs; Agreement between American Cyanamid and Nidera Seeds; Reorganization of Uniqema specialties subsidiary of ICI.
- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;3/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p17
Presents updates on the chemical industry in Europe as of March 14, 2001. Net profits of SGL Carbon for 2000; Sale of the stake of TVK in plastics converter Unterland Flexible Packaging.
- 5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/28/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 68, p9
This section offers news briefs on new projects in the global chemical industry. High-performance polymer producer Victrex is building a second polyetheretherketone plant at its British site in Thornton Cleveleys. Celanese's Ticona polymers unit is considering a location in China to build an...