The World This Week
- BASF to Build SAP Plant in Texas; Shuts Old Capacity. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;12/22/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 42, p10
Reports that Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG will build a superabsorbent polymers plant in Freeport, Texas and will close two plants in Aberdeen, Mississippi and Portsmouth, Virginia. Reason behind the closure of the two plants; Background on the company.
- BASF trims pigment production, cuts jobs. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2010, Issue 827, p7
The article reports on the decision of BASF to consolidate its global pigments business and close a number of its production lines located in Europe and the Americas.
- BASF to close plant in restructuring. // European Chemical News;12/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2079, p9
Reports on the decision of BASF to close its Styronal styrene butadiene plant in Ludwigshafen, Germany, cut a number of jobs in Europe and reduce dispersions production for carpet backing binders as part of a bid to improve the performance of its paper chemicals unit.
- BASF to Close Illinois Coatings Plant. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun2004, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the decision of BASF to close down its coatings plant in Batavia, Illinois in June 2004. Number of employment positions to be eliminated; Significance of the decision of the company.
- BASF Cuts Jobs, Shuts Plants in Nafta. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/24/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the decision of chemical company BASF to cut jobs and to shut down its plants in North America. Reason behind the decision; Sites that are being shut down; Sales performance of the company in all of its regions.
- BASF to Close Korean BDO and THF Complex. // Chemical Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the permanent closure of BASF's 1,4-butanediol (BDO) and tetrahydrofuran (THF) manufacturing complex in Ulsan, Korea. The company's downstream polyTHF plant in Ulsan will continue to operate using feedstock supplied from BASF's global network. The BDO-THF complex employs...
- Many BASF Plants Remain Closed. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 2, p13
The article reports that most of the 80 plants that BASF idled at the end of 2008 due to a lack of demand remained closed. The units account for about one-quarter of BASF's global manufacturing capacity, and supply mainly the automotive, construction, textile, and leather sectors. BASF, as well...
- BASF closes three coatings sites. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;7/21/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2062, p8
Reports the plant shutdowns of German chemicals company Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG in Italy in July 2003. Disinvestment of its North American silicones business to Lubrizol.
- Great Lakes to Cut 400 Jobs, Close Plants. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;10/15/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 37, p7
Focuses on the employee downsizing plan of Great Lakes Chemical by the end of the third quarter of 2004. Number of jobs to be eliminated; Information on the cost reduction effects of the chemical company; Details of its plan to close several chemical plants; Financial performance of the company.