- Cerberus offer is unlikely to hold back RAG's IPO. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 72, p29
The article reports on the delay of the offer by private equity investor Cerberus to acquire for the non-coal assets of RAG AG in Europe. The report noted that the issue of the bid emerged following the German coalition government's affirmation of a compromise coal mining agreement, such as the...
- RAG to Sell RÃ¼tgers Plastics Business by 2005. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/10/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the plans of RAG AG to sell the plastics operation of its RÃ¼tgers chemical subsidiary in Germany. Estimation of the total sales of plastics businesses in 2002; Reason for marketing the plastic operation; Services offered by the company.
- CC PÃ¼nder advises RAG in landmark German deal. Vere-Jones, Emma // Lawyer;5/27/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p12
Reports that Clifford Chance P uuml nder is advising German coal group RAG Aktiengesellschaft on a proposed acquisition of Eon's majority holding in Degussa. Details of the offer of RAG to Eon; Percentage of Degussa that will be acquired by RAG.
- RAG's takeover of Degussa goes ahead. // European Chemical News;2/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2039, p7
Reports on the approval of the corporate takeover of Degussa by coal and chemicals company RAG. Details of the acquisition deal; Information on both companies.
- MÃ¼ller in the driving seat at RAG. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p9
Reports on the appointment of former German economics minister Werner MÃ¼ller as management board chairman of German energy group RAG. Views of free market advocates on his appointment; Career background of MÃ¼ller; Details of the operations of RAG.
- Europe Watch. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 2006. The board of Degussa has endorsed the takeover bid by energy firm RAG. Spolana, a Czech polyvinyl chloride and caprolactum producer, has received preliminary offers for 82% of the company. The average daily chemicals...
- EU Approves RAG's Degussa Takeover; Disposals Are Delayed. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p18
Reports that the European Commission approved the purchase of a majority stake in Degussa by coal mining firm RAG as of December 4, 2002. Terms of the deal; Implications; Plans for Degussa.
- RAG CHAIRMAN CONFIDENT OF FUTURE. // Coal International;May/Jun2001, Vol. 249 Issue 3, p94
Reports that RAG Group Management Board Chairman Karl Starzacher has expressed confidence towards the coal industry, in an energy trade show he attended in February 2001. Significance of hard coal; Factors to be taken in account in view of carbon dioxide emission predictions; Details on the...
- RAG Bid 'Undervalues' Degussa. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p19
Reports on the tender offer of RAG to acquire a majority stake in Degussa. Remarks of Degussa on the bid; Effects of the offer on the stock price of Degussa.