Aiming for the top three slot in Chinese coatings
- Akzo to buy Balakom. Nyirenda, Emmah // Chemical Market Reporter;5/1/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 17, p13
The article reports on the acquisition of Balakom, a leading paint company in Czech Republic by Akzo Nobel, a Dutch coatings company. The deal will increase the market share of Akzo and will provide a solid base for further expansion. Balakom, has a total sales of 16 million euros in 2005 and...
- Akzo Nobel Begins Construction of Two Coatings Plants in China. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Sep2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p15
Reports the construction of two coatings-manufacturing facilities in China by Akzo Nobel. Views of Rudy van der Meer, member of the board of management of Akzo Nobel on the facilities; Purpose of the facilities; List of the three core coatings businesses of Akzo Nobel.
- AkzoNo bel opens new coatings facility for metal & flexible packaging. // Paintindia;Aug2014, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p117
The article reports on chemical company AkzoNobel's opening of a coatings manufacturing facility in Thane, India to serve the metal and flexible packaging sectors.
- AkzoNobel opens plant in India. // European Coatings Journal;Mar2011, Issue 3, p8
The article reports that AkzoNobel NV opens a new industrial coatings facility in Hoskote, India, to achieve company growth and revenue increase in the country.
- COATING THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. // Smart Business Akron/Canton;Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, ps8
The article features the firm AkzoNobel Packaging Coatings Inc. North America, which is a top supplier of coatings, inks and adhesives to the packaging industry.
- Akso to Restructure Its Coatings Business. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/6/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel to restructure its coatings business. Reasons for reviewing the coatings operation; Reduction of workforce announced by the company; Objectives of the study of the coatings business.
- AkzoNobel Opens Technical Center in Sweden. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jan2016, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the opening of AkzoNobel's technical application center for the wood coatings business in MalmÃ¶, Sweden in an aim to develop application systems that cater to specific production needs as of January 2016.
- Re-energized Akzo Nobel Seeks Acquisitions. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/20/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the announcement by Akzo Nobel chief executive officer (CEO) Hans Wijers that the coatings company is refocusing and gearing up for growth following the previously announced sale of its pharmaceuticals business to Schering-Plough. Following divestment of a major part of...
- AkzoNobel Targets Brazilian Demand. Thurston, Charles W. // Coatings World;Jul2012, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p87
The article discusses the growth opportunities targeted by Dutch powerhouse AkzoNobel NV in Brazil. It cites that Brazil's strong economic expansion was driven by middle class growth which attracted paint and coatings manufacturers like multinational paint and coatings manufacturer AkzoNobel...