â€¦but it won't rush into purchases
- Akzo's Chemicals Enter a New Era. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/1/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 36, p16
The article reports on the decision of Azko Nobel to become a manufacturer of chemicals and coatings after the split-off of its pharmaceuticals business Organon BioSciences (OBS) according to Akzo CEO Hans Wijers. It says that the separation of OBS follows after the completion of a major...
- IPO of Organon BioSciences Imminent. van der Zanden, Tim // China Chemical Reporter;3/6/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on an announcement made by Akzo Nobel NV regarding its plan of launching an initial public offering (IPO) for the firm Organon BioSciences. A listing of about 20 to 30 percent of Organon BioSciences' shares on Euronext Amsterdam was done by Akzo. According to Hans Wijers,...
- Akzo Nobel to sell Organon. Liming, Keith Tan; Ovrebekk, Hilde // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses the plan of Akzo Nobel to sell its stake in Organon BioSciences (OBS) to pharmaceutical group Schering-Plough. The deal, which is estimated at $14.5 billion, is expected to be closed in the second quarter of 2007. The deal increases the price of Akzo stock by 16 percent....
- Akzo Nobel will accelerate growth. Baker, John // ICIS Chemical Business;2/19/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 54, p5
The article reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel to accelerate its growth as a focused coatings and chemicals business. The firm confirmed that it will begin the spin-off of its Organon BioSciences unit by the end of March 2007. Akzo board member Leif Darner emphasized that the company has a clear...
- AkzoNobel positioned for progress says CEO in annual address. // Paintindia;Jan2010, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p142
The article reports on the statement released by AkzoNobel chief executive officer (CEO) Hans Wijers that the ability of the firm to adapt to the new reality has placed it in a strong position to reinforce its status as a global industry leader.
- Akzo Nobel to divide via pharma spin-off. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;2/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the decision of Akzo Nobel to split into two independent companies, namely Coatings/Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, by spinning off its pharmaceuticals business. A minority stake in the pharmaceuticals business will be sold through an initial public offering in 2006. Akzo...
- Akzo Nobel CEO rules out large M&A in 2008. // Paintindia;Apr2008, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p178
The article reports that Akzo Nobel NV does not aim for any large acquisitions in 2008, but there is a possibility for small add-on acquisitions. Chief executive officer (CEO) Hans Wijers said that the Dutch coatings and chemicals group will instead focus on integrating its acquired Imperial...
- Akzo Nobel divestments. // Process Engineering;May2004, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the divestment move of Akzo Nobel NV. Sale of the company's two divisions; Opening of a new research and development laboratory; Completion of the divestment process; Benefits gained by Albermarle from the acquisition.
- AkzoNobel Sets 2015 Target for China at $3 Billion. // JCT CoatingsTech;Aug2010, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p11
The article reports that Hans Wijers, chief executive officer (CEO) of AkzoNobel NV announces the company's plan to expand in Asia particularly in China and double its revenue by 2015.