DuPont: at the forefront with bio-PDO
- DuPont to team with Tate & Lyle. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2161, p8
Reports on the completion of a plant that will convert maize into propanediol (PDO) in Loudon, Tennessee by the joint venture of DuPont and Tate & Lyle. Expected annual PDO production of the plant; Challenge faced by the companies in the commercialisation of polytrimethylene terephthalate.
- DuPont: JV for Bio-PDO. // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2005, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p351
The article reports on the plans of the E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., and Tate & Lyle PLC to build a new plant which will use renewable resources to replace petrochemical-based products in Loudon, Tennessee.
- DuPont and Tate & Lyle form bio-products joint venture. // Southwest Farm Press;10/7/2004, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p23
This article focuses on the joint venture of DuPont and Tate & Lyle PLC. The company plans to construct its initial commercial manufacturing plant adjacent to an existing facility in Loudon, Tenn., with startup scheduled for 2006. The joint venture will use a proprietary fermentation and...
- DuPont expands silica. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the completion of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s electrics colloidal silica plant in Ruabon, Wales.
- DuPont hiking PVA capacity by 20%. McCurry, John W. // Textile World;Sep97, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p23
Focuses on DuPont's announcement of a series of expansions at its LaPorte, Texas facility to expand production of polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) by 20% over three years. Background on the LaPorte operation; Significance for DuPont's textile markets.
- DuPont Considers PTMEG Unit; Says Asian Sales are Rebounding. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;10/20/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 39, p27
Reports on the move of DuPont to consider a polytetramethylene ether glycol plant in Asia. Impact of the opening of the Singapore Lycra plant to the company's sales and earning; Share percentage of Asia in DuPont's sales; Details on the plants owned by the company.
- DuPont grows UK Silica unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;07/07/97, Vol. 252 Issue 1, p3
Announces the expansion of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.'s colloidal silica plant in Wales by 30% to meet increased demand in the wafer polishing industry and chemical mechanical planerization (CMP) applications. Background on the project.
- ASIA-PACIFIC REPORT. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;05/22/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 21, p24
Reports that E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. has broken ground for its Lycra spandex plant in Tuas, Singapore. Information on the company; Operation of the plant. INSET: Asia in Brief.
- DuPont plans to raise adipic acid capacity. // Chemical Business;Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p77
Reports that DuPont is expanding its capacity for adipic acid from 1998 to 2003. Increase in its production output; Location of the company's facilities in North America; Factors that prompted the expansion project.