South Korea determined to keep its shipbuilding crown
- Akzo Nobel performance coating revenue falls 3%. // CanTech International;May2013, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the revenue in performance coatings of AkzoNobel, coatings and paint producer which decline 3 percent in the first quarter of 2013, in which the company demanded for revenue drop of 7 percent in Europe.
- Akzo Nobel Expanding Operations in China with New Coatings Facilities. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p14
Reports the business expansion of Akzo Nobel NV, a chemical coatings manufacturing company, based in the Netherlands. Manufacture of automotive-refinish, powder and transportation coatings for the Chinese market; Construction of powder coatings plant in China; Impact of the expansion on the...
- India has a huge potential for decorative paints - AkzoNobel. // Paintindia;Jul2014, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p157
The article reports that paints and coatings company AkzoNobel is planning to expand its decoratives business in India.
- AkzoNobel Opens New Coil Coatings Production Line in Mexico. // Coatings World;Feb2016 Part 1, Vol. 21, p15
The article reports that decorative paints and coatings manufacturer AkzoNobel has opened its new production line for coil coatings in its plant in Garcia, Mexico.
- Is Akzo's management trapped? // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses decorative-paints maker Akzo Nobel's bid to buy rival firm ICI. Some hedge funds apparently want Akzo to justify the price it offered for ICI. Akzo has fared poorly against ICI and others in the decorative-paints business, so may have to pay a handsome price in order to...
- Akzo Nobel Launches Powder Coatings Unit, Builds Plant in Vietnam. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Sep2001, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p8
Presents news on the coatings industry as of September 2001. Launching of the Powder Coatings business unit of Akzo Nobel; Opening of the Philip Barbanel Research and Development Laboratory of Dock Resins Corp.; Expected increase in the demand for solvents by 2005.
- Expanding business in China. // European Coatings Journal;Jan2011, Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the plan of AkzoNobel NV to expand its performance coatings business in China by 2015. It states that the company aimed to double its sales in the country for the said year which could reach up to three billion dollars. According to Jackson Chan, general manager at...
- AkzoNobel boosts growth momentum with China expansion. // Coatings World;May2011, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p56
The article offers news briefs in the paint and coatings industry worldwide. Bayer Corp. will invest 17 million dollars in a renovation project titled "Workspace of the Future" at its U.S. headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Cabot Corp. plans to invest more than 180 million dollars to...
- Consolidation continues as Dow agrees to sell coatings unit. Wright, Tim // Coatings World;Dec2009, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
The author reflects on the planned joint venture of Dow Chemical Co. to help cover its troubled acquisition of Rohm & Haas Co. He points out to the cause of selling the non-core powder coatings business to AkzoNobel NV, the largest paint company in the world in terms of coating revenues. He...