SHIPPING CAUGHT OFF-GUARD
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2053, p32
Presents news briefs on the environmental aspect of the European chemical industry as of May 2003. Decision of Germany's environment agency to publish a detailed assessment of how to begin to get the world to agree on medium- to short-term climate change commitments; Information on the...
- Climbing a Steep Summit. Flavin, Christopher // World Watch;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p39
Highlights the event marking the 10th anniversary of the 1992 Earth Summit in Brazil. Issue on climatic change; Discussion on global progress; Problem over massive deforestation.
- Church leaders on climate talks. // Presbyterians Today;2010, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on the views of church leaders on the climate summit of the United Nation, which was held in Copenhagen, Denmark in December 2010.
- US seeks Champ to beat Reach. Kamalick, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business;3/31/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 13, p14
The article informs that the officials of the U.S. chemical industry are giving urgent support to a chemical assessment and management program (Champ) in an effort to beat back what they fear could be the global advance of the European Union's (EU) Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of...
- Energy and Exergy Analysis of Ship Energy Systems -- The Case study of a Chemical Tanker. Baldi, F.; Johnson, H.; Gabrielii, C.; Andersson, K. // International Journal of Thermodynamics;Jun2015, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p82
Shipping contributes today to 2.1% of global anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions and its share is expected to grow together with global trade in the coming years. At the same time, bunker prices are increasing and companies start to feel the pressure of growing fuel bills in their balance...
- Warmer Ocean Temperatures Signal New Climate Pattern. // Best's Review;May2000, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on the rise in the Pacific Ocean's surface temperature as of May 25, 2000. Implications for climate change; Background on the Pacific decadal oscillation.
- THE GREAT BARRIER REEF. // National Geographic;Jun2015, Vol. 227 Issue 6, preceding p30
The article offers information related to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia including the risk of the reef to climate change, the temperatures of coral sea during summer, and a study by the Australian Institute of Marine Science regarding the lost of the reef's coral cover and living polyps.
- THE BIGGER THEY GET, THE LESS CREDIBLE THEY BECOME. Goldstein, Jerome // In Business;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Editorial. Focuses on the view of a columnist on the result of the Earth Summit Conference. Goal of the conference; Prevention of the climate change; Influence of the conference on several corporations.
- The Rich Show Their Hand at Copenhagen: Estadao of Brazil. Kern, William // Moderate Voice;12/11/2009, p20
In this article, the author comments on how the developed countries are portrayed in the Copenhagen Climate Summit in Denmark. The author states that the forum only favors rich nations, like the U.S. and Great Britain, because the text of the draft declaration concentrates on the interests of...