TDI faces mixed market outlook
- Stable Price of TDI in 2009. Hou Zhiyang // China Chemical Reporter;4/16/2009 Petrochemical Supplement, Vol. 20 Issue 11A, p23
The article reports on the price of toluene diisocyanate (TDI) in 2009 in China. According to reports, the downstream consumption of TDI in the country is in the production of flexible foams, polyurethane elastomers, coatings and adhesives. It mentions that the domestic price of TDI is...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p18
The article offers news briefs related to the recent developments in the chemical industry around the globe which include the drop in prices of European acrylonitrile (ACN), the reducing price of the Asian toluene diisocyanate (TDI) contracts, and the constant price of the U.S. mono propylene...
- Strong demand buoys TDI business. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;11/17/97, Vol. 252 Issue 20, p4
Assesses conditions in the toluene diisocyanate market as a result of increased demand and unexpected outages at major producers in the United States. Factors eroding gains in the market; Peak period for the market; Exports to Asia; Production problems of various companies.
- Latin American TDI awaits relief. COIFMAN, RON // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 18, p19
The article considers supplies of toluene di-isocyanate in the chemical industry in Latin America.
- ICIS launches pricing forecasts. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p48
The article announces the launch of the monthly forecasting service called ICIS forecasting by ICIS. The forecasting service uses a scientific model to incorporate time series data, multivariate pricing and an innovative ICIS Market Sentiment Index to forecast prices of major petrochemical...
- ISM Conference Presents Positive Outlook. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;2/21/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the positive outlook for the North American chemistry industry which was discussed at the Institute for Supply Management Chemical Group's 2005 Mid-Winter Conference in League City, Texas in February. Business cycle peak in 2005 to 2006; Continuous increase in consumption and demand.
- China's isocyanate makers expand. Zhizhuan, Dong; Wanhua, Yantai; Rongxin, Cai // Urethanes Technology;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the growth of China's isocyanate industry as of June 2002. Importation of more advanced isocyanate technology in the period 1980-1990; Development of independent isocyanates from the mid-1990s to early 2000; Forecast on the growth of demand for toluene diisocyanate in the next decade.
- Start-up of Integrated Isocyanates Complex in Shanghai. // China Chemical Reporter;8/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p12
The article reports on the inauguration of the integrated isocyanates complex at Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in Shanghai, China. The project has a total capital expenditure of $1 billion and was completed in mid 2006. The complex has a capacity of 240,000 tons per annum crude...
- PU suppliers disparage material classification. White, Liz // Plastics News;7/19/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p29
Reports on the reaction of polyurethane suppliers to a European Union (EU) directive that classifies toluene diisocyanate and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate as dangerous substances. Complaints that EU has made a mistake in the classification of the chemicals.