- Distrupol sets up Iberian outpost. Whitfield, Mark // European Chemical News;10/20/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2073, p18
Reports on the sales offices established by Distrupol, the polymer distribution arm of Univar, in October 2003 to serve Spain and Portugal. Significance of the move; Overview of the plans of Distrupol for the two countries.
- Restructuring worries freight. // Rail Business Intelligence;3/24/2011, Issue 386, p3
The article focuses on the comments of the Freight Transport Association (FTA) on the importance of rail freight issues, in Great Britain.
- FTA warns regional bodies not to ignore road freight. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;11/19/2015, Vol. 224 Issue 5663, p10
The article reports that Freight Transport Association (FTA) has warned the regional transport bodies Transport for the North (TfN) on ignoring the road freight.
- Freight Transport Association promotes mode shift. // Modern Railways;Mar2012, Vol. 69 Issue 762, p15
The article reports on a Mode Shift Center launched by the Freight Transport Association to help shippers transfer freight from road to rail and water, as of March 2012.
- FTA offers rail suitability check. // Modern Railways;Aug2010, Vol. 67 Issue 743, p15
The article reports on the free assessment service Fast Track launched by Freight Transport Association (FTA) to promote the use of rail freight to companies that have not used the mode before.
- Merger creates trans-Tasman services. // NZ Business;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the merger of Schenker and BAX Global. Schenker has launched a suite of new services for trans-Tasman importers and exporters. The move creates an increased frequency of Freight All Kind (FAK) and Full Container Load (FCL) products between Australia and New Zealand ports,...
- Demand for Rail Freight in the UK to Double by 2030. // World Trade;Oct2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on a study by the Freight Transport Association (FTA) and the Rail Freight Group which estimates that demand for rail freight in Great Britain will double by 2030. Analysts forecasted that there will also be a 30 percent increase in ton/kilometer by 2015 when intermodal...
- freight forwarders: Can reservations about consolidation be overcome by an improved ability to balance modal options? Putzger, Ian // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p52
The article focuses on the lack of concern of shippers at the merger of freight forwarders: DHL Global Forwarding with Exel Global Logistics and BAX Global with Schenker International. According to a survey conducted by systems provider Unisys, the global shippers have reservations on the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;12/23/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 2032, p17
Presents news briefs on the European chemical industry as of December 23, 2002. Appointment of Distrupol as sole distributor for the thermoplastic polyurethane Elastollan in Ireland and Northern Ireland; Completion of the management buy-out of United Transport Tank-containers from United...