Market News and Views
- Celanese Extends Force Majeure on Acetic Acid. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;6/20/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on the announcement by Celanese that it has extended force majeure on acetic acid after initial attempts to restart its Clear Lake, Texas plant were unsuccessful. It has also expanded the force majeure to include additional acetyl derivatives. The plant needs additional...
- Celanese Extends Force Majeure. Phillips, Kate // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p24
The article reports that Celanese has extended force majeure on acetic acid after another failed attempt to restart its 1.2-million metric ton per year Clear Lake, Texas plant. Celanese first declared force majeure at the site on May 14, 2007 after an unplanned outage, and said at the time that...
- Acid prices begin a steady decline. Lee, Helen // ICIS Chemical Business;4/16/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 62, p28
The article presents updates on the chemical industry in Asia. Asian spot acetic acid prices are expected to decline gradually in the second quarter rather than dive sharply ahead of the start-up of Celanese's 600,000 tonnes per year capacity in China's Nanjing Industrial Park at the end of May...
- Weather issues extend shutdown of Nova Chemicals Ontario plant. Venetis, Tom // Canadian Plastics;Dec2005, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the extension of the plant shutdown of Nova Chemicals due to bad weather and shortage of people in Corruna, Ontario. The aim of the shutdown was to modernize the plant. The maintenance and upgrading work will be resumed in the second quarter of 2006. The company issued a...
- LyondellBasell lifts FM on acetic acid. Kelley, Lane // ICIS Chemical Business;8/11/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 4, p19
The article focuses on the letter sent by the chemical company LyondellBasell to its customers on August 1, 2014 regarding the lifting of a force majeure (FM), which was declared in the U.S. acetic acid on June 2014. It mentions that the disruptions on the supply of utilities and feedstock have...
- Celanese closures in France, Spain by year-end. // Chemical Week;12/16/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 31, p7
The article reports on the plan of technology and specialty materials company Celanese to close its acetic anhydride plant in Roussillon, France and vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) unit in Tarragona, Spain in December 2013.
- Markets react swiftly to outage. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p10
Evaluates the consequences of the force majeure declaration at Acetex's acetic acid and vinyl acetate monomer plant in Pardies, France on August 9, 2003. Reaction of the spot markets; Market demand for acetic acid and vinyl acetate monomer in northwestern Europe.
- PetroLogistics shuts down PDH for repairs, declares force majeure. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;6/10/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 16, p13
The article reports that the propane dehydrogenation company PetroLogistics LP has announced plans to shut down its Houston, Texas facility for reactor repairs, declaring force majeure in June 2013
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;8/16/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 19, p27
This section offers news briefs in the chemical industry, including the planned expansion of Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients' hydroxypropylcellulose capacity at its plant in Hopewell, Virginia, the start of operations by W. R. Grace at its Chongqing, China, and the lifting by BASF of its...