- PKN Agrees to Buy Unipetrol; Eyes MOL Collaboration. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/16/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the agreement of PKN Orlen to buy the Czech government's stake in refinery and petrochemical firm Unipetrol. Value of the deal; Consolidated profit posted by Unipetrol in 2003; Assets of Unipetrol; Significance of the acquisition to PKN.
- Pole position. Conroy, Will; O'Driscoll, Cath // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p23
The article reports on the struggle for oil and petrochemicals pre-eminence in central and eastern Europe as of March 2006. The struggle started when Poland's PKN Orlen acquired Unipetrol of the Czech Republic. The value of Unipetrol is that it is as much a source of information for Orlen about...
- PKN Orlen set to buy Unipetrol. Raleigh, Patrick // European Rubber Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 186 Issue 6, p14
Deal with the decision of PKN Orlen SA to acquire Czech petrochemicals group Unipetrol. Corporate sales of Unipetrol in 2003; Products supplied by Unipetrol's Kaucuk AS; Information on PKN Orlen.
- GHCL likely to buy Romanian company. // Chemical Business;Mar2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p78
The article reports that GHCL, formerly Gujarat Heavy Chemicals, is planning to acquire Uzinele Sodice Govora, a Romanian soda ash maker. This acquisition will quadruple GHCL's capacity to 4 million tonnes thus placing it No. 2 in the list of soda ash makers. In December 2005, GHCL acquired S C...
- PKN Orlen in search of a group bid. // European Chemical News;3/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2043, p9
Reports on the search of PKN Orlen for a regional producer partner to submit a consortium bid for the Czech Republic's stake in petrochemical company Unipetrol as of March 10, 2003. Main focuses of Unipetrol's business; Delay in the privatization process of Unipetrol.
- PKN to firm up Unipetrol deal. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p6
Reports that PKN Orlen expects to firm up details of its purchase of Unipetrol after July 4, 2004, the deadline by which minority shareholders in daughter company Ceska Rafinerska must decide whether to increase their stake. Percentage of stake in Unipetrol to be purchased by Orlen; Conditions...
- PKN Orlen at finish line for Unipetrol. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2098, p9
Reports on the acceptance of the bid of Polish oil and petrochemical group PKN Orlen by the Czech state for its Czech counterpart Unipetrol, after Shell and Mol pulled out. Package deal offered by PKN for the takeover of Unipetrol; Reason of the government for accepting the offer; Interest of...
- Potential Bidders Line Up for Unipetrol Stake. // Chemical Week;11/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 43, p7
Reports on the potential bidders for the Czech government's stake in Unipetrol as of December 3, 2003. Number of companies that have submitted letters of prelimimary interest in acquiring the stake; Possible result of a cooperation agreement signed by PKN Orlen and MOL.
- PKN in MOL deal to buy Petrom. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;9/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2067, p6
Reports on the plan of Poland's PKN Orlen to partner with Hungary's MOL to buy Romania's Petrom. Information on MOL; Petrocemical plants owned by Petrom; Comment from Piotr Kearney, strategic department director of PKN.