- Petrochem set for 12-15% growth, says report. // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p81
The article reports on the potential for the petrochemical industry of India to achieve a growth of 12% to 15% from 2008 to 2014 based on a study by Tata Strategic Management Group. The production is anticipated to rise from $15 to $18 billion in 2007 to $30 to $50 billion over the next five to...
- Plants and projects. Carter, Peter; Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2093, p24
Provides information on the chemical plant of several chemical companies in Europe. Arpechim; Carom; Chemopetrol; Petrobrazi.
- 5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/31/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 30, p7
The article presents news briefs on the global chemical industry. Natural gas prices in the U.S. are forecast to bottom out at $5/m Btu in October 2006 and reach a high around $6-7/m Btu. Halifax Capital plans to invest $80m to operate an integrated oil terminal for palm oil products in West...
- C4 Resources -- Processing and Utilization in China. // China Chemical Reporter;4/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p17
The article focuses on four-carbon (C4) hydrocarbons in China. It mentions that the expansion of the production in C4 hydrocarbons is driven by the construction of several sets of million-ton ethylene steam crackers. This product has four sources and most of it is a by-product of either ethylene...
- Oman Restructures Refinery and Petchem Operations under New Name. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;6/20/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 16, p15
The article reports on the completion of the restructuring of oil refineries, petrochemicals, aromatics plant, and polypropylene companies by the Oman government under one company named Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Co.
- Petroleum Sector Stays a Crude Business. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;3/15/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p41
Offers a look at the refinery and petrochemical catalyst business in the United States for 2000. Brief review of the industry's activity for 1999; How catalyst companies have responded to refinery margin pressure and the outsourcing demands of the customers; Comments from James Martin, group...
- China limits petrochemical, refining expansions. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p60
States that China is setting limits on petrochemical plant and oil refinery building for the remaining years of the 20th century. Details on this limitation set by China.
- The Chemical Weekly Business Outlook conference 1998. // Chemical Business;Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p52
Highlights the Chemical Business Outlook conference held on February 4, 1998 at the Leela in Mumbia, India. Keynote speakers; Topics include Indian oil refining scenario; Polyolefins market; PVC industry in the country; Prospects of engineering plastics; Technology trends in chemical process...
- Delays or Cancellations May Emerge in Saudi Petrochemicals Projects. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/13/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 19, p6
Reports on a possible delay in the construction of petrochemical complexes in Saudi Arabia due to difficulties in the negotiations between Saudi Arabia and Western oil companies, as of May 2002. Background on the problems in the negotiations related to petrochemical projects in Saudi Arabia;...