Beijing's bid to rein in coal-to-chemicals "failing"
- New Coking Production Line Starts. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the inauguration of the coking production line of Urumchi Petrochemical Co. Refining Plant in China. Design of the new coking production line by the Designing Institute of Urumchi Petrochemical General Plant and constructed by the Seventh Construction Co. of CNPC; Increase in the...
- China to Release Plan for Coal-to-Chemicals. // China Chemical Reporter;3/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the plan to be released soon by China for the coal deep processing demonstration projects and the industry development policy for coal deep processing.
- THE RACE THAT'S FUELLING THE COAL MARKET. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 67, p13
The article reports on the increased demand for coal as a feedstock for methanol plants in China. Methanol, and its derivative dimethyl ether (DME), is considered the fuel of choice to meet China's enormous energy appetite. Both methanol and DME have government support. That is why new project...
- Sinopec coal options. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2008, Issue 800, p8
The article reports that Sinopec will invest $6.8 billion in China's Xinjiang region to develop a coal chemical plant which will be a launchpad for an upstream and downstream industrial coal line. The Zhunge'er Basin is thought to hold a huge deposit of coal. Reports quote Sinopec's vice...
- Use Dry Fog to Control Coal Dust Hazards. Peltier, Robert // Power;Jul2010, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p56
The article presents information on the use of dry fogging systems to control explosive dust at transfer points in coal preparation plants. It states about the report of U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) in November 2006 about dangers of combustible coal dust. It further...
- Coal Chemical Project Starts Construction in Yunnan. // China Chemical Reporter;8/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p13
Reports on the initiation of groundbreaking for the construction of a coal tar processing plant in the Yunnan Chemical Base in China. Financiers of the project; Total amount of investment; Schedule on the start of production.
- Henan Coal Chem Launches POM Project. // China Chemical Reporter;12/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p29
The article reports on the construction of the Henan Coal Chemical Group Co. Ltd.'s phase two 60, 000 tons per annum (t/a) capacity polyoxymethylene (POM) project, which was started on November 23, 2010 in Kaifeng, Henan Sheng, China.
- Agrium Eyes Coal Gasification for Fertilizers. Bryner, Michelle; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;11/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 40, p6
The article reports on a study started by Agrium to evaluate the feasibility of using coal gasification technology as an alternative to natural gas to feed its fertilizer plant in Kenai, Alaska. According to the company, the fertlizer facility is at risk of being closed because of a shortage of...
- Methanex scales down Burrup plans. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p26
Reports on the loss in the production capacity of Methanex's plants in New Zealand. Rejection of the plan to relocate the New Zealand plant to Australia; Efforts of Methanex to seek more information on how experts assessed the natural gas supplies in North Island; Construction of an ammonia...