2007 Lukas Prize Project Awards Announced
- The New Republic on Saudi Arabia. Al-Arian, Laila // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p81
On June 8, 2004 "The New Republic," magazine hosted a panel discussion entitled "Inside the Kingdom: The Views and Perspectives on Journalists in Saudi Arabia," at the Ronald Reagan Building in downtown Washington D.C. Lawrence Wright, a staff writer for The New Yorker, said it took him a year...
- 2006 IRE Awards honor top investigative work. Rainey, Kate // IRE Journal;May/Jun2007, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p10
The article announces several investigative journalists who won the 2006 IRE Awards, including Ken Ward, Lawrence Wright and Julia Reynolds among others.
- Lean on Lawrence. Bianchi, Mike // Sporting News;12/2/96, Vol. 220 Issue 49, p32
Looks into the football player Lawrence Wright's Right Trak program designed to teach youngsters self-discipline, self-esteem and all those societal skills particularly those who are residing in the Liberty City in Miami, Florida. Personal factor that prompted him to initiate the program;...
- Book kudos name noms. Morfoot, Addie; Zeitchik, Steven // Daily Variety;10/12/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 9, p4
The article offers information on the nominees for the National Book Awards. Ken Kalfus is included in the shortlist of nominees for his short story "Night and Day You Are the One," while he is also nominated in the fiction category for his "A Disorder Peculiar to the Country. Lawrence Wright is...
- Robert Lee Whitaker. Wellan, Marilyn // American Rose;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p7
Pays tribute to Robert Lee Whitaker, former president of the American Rose Society, who died on December 26, 2003.
- Media picks. Hamilton, Tracy // Mother Jones;May/Jun98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p75
Interviews Lawrence Wright, an award-winning writer from New York, on how twins have fared in popular culture. Publication that has the best interesting science reporting; Movie that has a realistic depiction of twins.
- PULITZER FINALIST ROBERT WHITAKER TO DISCUSS IATROGENIC MENTAL ILLNESS AND PSYCH MEDS AT NADA CONFERENCE. Bemis, Ryan // Guidepoints: News from NADA;Mar2011, p1
The article features Pulitzer finalist Robert Whitaker, author of "Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America." Investigative journalist Whitaker is said to advocate the lessening of the use of psychiatric drugs in treating...
- Honorees' absences illustrate point. // Quill;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p5
Highlights the failure of some of the recipients of International Press Freedom Awards to attend the Committee to Protect Journalists' ceremony in New York. Names of the awardees; Awards criteria.
- Deloitte & Touche Awards. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p8
Features the recipients of the 1990-91 Deloitte & Touche Awards for business journalism. Includes the late Harold Crookel and professor Allen Morrison of the Western Business School for the best article published in `Business Quarterly'; Special Award of Merit for John S. McCallum, chairman of...