Traditionalists Still Dominate Paging
- Compressed voice data and targeted delivery for narrowband PCS paging. Smith, Dwight R. // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep97, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p10
Discusses compressed voice paging via narrowband personal communication services. Service concept; System architecture; Infrastructure support; Paging protocol capabilities. INSETS: Creating alphanumeric paging messages.;New capabilities for paging systems..
- Wireless segments post strong growth. // RCR;02/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p24
Presents the findings of a study conducted by IDC/Link Resources which concluded that cellular, personal communications services and paging industries experienced increased growth in 1996. Number of cellular subscribers in the United States; Percentage increase of the subscriber base for paging.
- Prepaid service drives subscribers in Latin America. // RCR;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p6
Cites a study compiled by The Strategis Group of Washington, D.C., which reports that prepaid cellular/personal communications service (PCS) is driving growth in Latin America. Growth rate of prepaid cellular/PCS subscriber base; Encouragement of rapid growth through lower prepaid prices.
- Paging carriers experience delays getting Motorola equipment. Pate, Kelly // RCR;9/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p8
Reports that several paging carriers planning to launch narrowband personal communications services experienced delays in receiving network equipment from Motorola Inc. Pushing back of beta testing schedules and service launch dates; PageMart Inc.; Paging Network Inc.; AirTouch Communications...
- Mspect Policies Mobile Messaging. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p38
Focuses on the messaging system service provided by Mspect company for mobile communication devices in the United States. How Mspect polices zapped short messages sent through personal wireless communication devices; Goal of Mspect; Partnership forged by Mspect with Atlas Ventures in an effort...
- Making the call: New product preview. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;8/02/96, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p17
Features new telecommunication equipment. Cellular radio and personal communication service systems from Nokia; Personal paging unit from Motorola.
- SkyTel ReFLEX plans allow interoperable networks. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p24
Announces the decision of SkyTel to add paging protocol technology to its network to make it compatible with the next generation of ReFLEX two-way pagers. ReFLEX software installed in two-way and assured messaging paging devices; Capabilities of ReFLEX devices once SkyTel's network is upgraded.
- Motorola earnings up on handset sales. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p25
Reports on the earnings generated by Motorola Inc. in the fourth quarter of 1999. Total 1999 income; Increased orders in the personal communications segment; Decline in sales and orders for paging products as well as in network systems segment sales.
- Watch out world. Cappo, Joe // Advertising Age;8/20/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 34, p48
Focuses on the proliferation of the use of beepers in the U.S. Industry groups which do not use beepers; Popularity of the use of beepers among drug dealers; Professions which frequently use beepers.