Content Services Stir Carriers
- Retooling For Quicker Take-off. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p32
Presents information on the wireless E911 technology developed by Xypoint Inc. Purpose of Xypoint and other 911 service providers in eyeing alternative strategies for their location technologies; Features of the WebWirelessNow service of Xypoint.
- The right path for now. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/17/97, Vol. 233 Issue 20, p34
Reports on Xypoint Corp.'s introduction of its first location enhanced network services (LENS) for wireless communication applications. Transportation of data over SS7 using standardized integrated system digital network user part (ISUP) messaging; Transmission control application problems that...
- XYpoint offering enables content provision to existing devices. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p80
Reports launching of WebWirelessNow suite, a wireless notification service by XYpoint Corp. Application of Infolink on stock, weather and traffic information; Procedure in accessing information in the Web site of XYpoint; Inability of Internet portals to bypass carriers using the WebWirelessNow...
- XYpoint expands wireless location strategy. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p42
Reports on the expansion of XYPoint's wireless location strategy. Partnerships with Vicinity Corp. and GeoVector; Provision of location-based information services via a voice user interface blended with text messaging technology.
- XYPoint introduces developers kit. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p39
Reports that XYPoint launched a developers kit for its WebWirelessNow wireless communication service.
- In-Stat Market Snapshot. // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Presents a graph on the financial performance of wireless messaging market in the U.S.
- Sending the right signals. Cholewka, Kathleen // Telephony;02/09/98 Supplement, Vol. 234 Issue 6, p12
Examines the role of SS7 wireless communication technology in personal communication service (PCS) systems in the United States. Overview of the SS7 technology; Enhancement of PCS networks; Support services; Application in user authentication; Capabilities of technology.
- PCS technology intensifies wireless wars. Eckert, Toby // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/28/97, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5A
Reports on the intensification of competition in the wireless communications industry following the introduction of Personal Communications Services (PCS). Construction of PCS networks by Sprint Spectrum and Ameritech; Upgrading of cellular networks; Absence of agreement on industry standards.
- CHIEKO'S DIARY. Tashiro, Chieko // J@pan Inc.;Mar2001, Issue 17, p8
Provides information on personal communication service system. Information retrieval systems on wireless communication systems; Services which can be found in wireless communication systems; Advantages of wireless communication systems.