Canada Resale Deal Benefits Shaw
- Canadian Pepaid Sales Boffo, With Bonzo. Careless, James // Wireless Week;09/27/99, Vol. 5 Issue 39, p56
Reports on the advertising launched by Rogers Cantel company for its prepaid wireless communication service. Estimated number of its prepaid customers; Growth of the company's prepaid service; Competitors of the company.
- Rogers arm makes wireless bid. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p40
Reports that cable television company Rogers Cablesystems' Rogers Cantel unit is applying for multipoint-communications systems licenses in Canada.
- AGCS, Rogers to market office system. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p44
Reports on AG Communication Systems' completion of an agreement it signed with Rogers Cantel Inc. to jointly market wireless office telephone systems based on Time Division Multiple Access technology.
- Rogers Cantel expands, reduces calling rates. // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p93
Announces Rogers Cantel Inc.'s expansion and strengthening of its distribution and presence across Canada through several transactions. Introduction of international calling rates for its Cantel AT&T Pay As You Go Service; Addition of 100,000 Amway representatives to its distribution network;...
- Cellular/PCS. // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p18
Features news briefs on telecommunication as of August 1999. Adoption of Alltel's electronic bill presentment and payment by Frontier Cellular; Installation of Lightbridge's Fraudbuster software in the system of Rogers Cantel Inc.
- AT&T, BT progress on Cantel deal. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p30
Reports on the joint purchase of 33.3 percent of shares at Canadian telecommunications firm Rogers Cantel Mobile Communications Inc. by AT&T Corp. and British Telecommunications PLC.
- BT, AT&T go globetrotting again. // Telephony;08/09/99, Vol. 237 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the acquisition of equity stake in Rogers Cantel Mobile by British Telecom and AT&T. Remarks from John Zeglis, president of AT&T about the partnership; Implication of the acquisition. INSET: Crosstalk.
- AT&T, BT Buy Into Rogers Cantel. Careless, James // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p19
Reports the acquisition of a third of the Canadian wireless carrier Rogers Cantel by AT&T Corp. and British Telecommunications. Cost of the deal; Debt load of Rogers Cantel; Key features of the shared marketing/technology deal between AT&T and Rogers Cantel; Effect on Canada's wireless market.
- Cantel launches AT&T Page Partner. // RCR;06/15/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p40
Reports on the launching of an AT and T Page Partner + service, a package which allows a wireless phone and about five pagers to be combined into one bill, by Rogers Cantel Incorporated. How the service works; Options available through the service.