Vodafone Embarks On Charm Offensive
- Mannesmann Rejects Latest Vodafone Offer. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;12/13/99, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the Mannesmann AG's rejection of the final offer of Vodafone AirTouch PLC. Value of the offer; Shares in trading of Mannesmann and Vodafone; Original final offer of Vodafone for each Mannesmann share.
- Vodafone AirTouch acknowledges Mannesmann interest. // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p5
Reports on Vodafone AirTouch PLC's plan to make a bid for Germany's Mannesmann AG. Vodafone's desire to participate in the further consolidation of the global wireless market; Speculations concerning Vodafone's plan to launch a hostile takeover of Mannesmann.
- Mannesmann prepares defensive strategy. // RCR;11/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p26
Focuses on Mannesmann AG's efforts to ward off a takeover bid by Vodafone AirTouch PLC. Bid price; Vodafone's plan to borrow money to bolster its bid; Mannesmann's proposal to accelerate the separation and initial public offering of its engineering and automotive business.
- Takeover babble never child's play. Shannon, John // Marketing Week;1/13/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p34
Comments on Vodafone's takeover bid for Mannesman and the advertising campaigns launched by both companies in Germany to support their causes. Highlights of Mannesman's defensive campaign; Campaign launched by Vodafone in response to Mannesman's advertisements; Implications for German companies.
- Vodafone AirTouch Guns For Mannesmann. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;11/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the takeover bid of Vodafone AirTouch for German operator Mannesmann. Estimated value of the offer; Benefits of the acquisition for Vodafone; Previous takeover bid of Bell Atlantic for Mannesmann.
- Mandates for M&A Financing Follow Storming of Great Britain. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the merger and acquisition and syndicated lending activities in Europe. Value of the takeover offer by Vodafone AirTouch PLC to Mannesmann AG; Transactions that involve the building materials industry and a British defense contractor; Purpose of the credit facility mandated by Banque...
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;11/30/99, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p24
Offers financial and business news for November 1999 including Mannesmann AG rejection of a second hostile takeover bid by Vodafone AirTouch and other news.
- Vodafone bids for Greek telecoms company Forthnet. // Regional Today;7/18/2014, p3
The article reports that Greece's subscription television provider Forthnet had received on July 17, 2014 a joint takeover bid from Britain's Vodafone and its Greek business partner Wind, which together already own 39% of Forthnet, with a non-binding offer for the rest of the shares.
- Vodafone Prepares To Board. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the hostilities between wireless telephone companies Vodafone AirTouch PLC and Mannesmann AG. Desire of Vodafone to control Mannesmann; Impact of the hostilities on United States wireless operators; Reasons for the hostilities; Bid of Vodafone for Mannesmann.