All I Want For Christmas Is Spectrum
- Bring on Challenges. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;1/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the United States (U.S.) federal government's spectrum auction as of January 29, 2001. Winner of the licenses; Move of Allegheny Communications to challenge the legitimacy of the participants in the auction; Rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for the auction.
- A lesson in growth. Brothers, Art // America's Network;03/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p54
Provides information about telecommunications industry in the United States. Details on the policy of the federal communications commission (FCC) on independent telephone companies.
- Editors Look At The Road Ahead. // Wireless Week;02/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on the trends and issues related to telecommunication services and industries in the United States (US). Spectrum policy of the US Federal Communications Commission; Efforts of the editorial staff of `Wireless Week' periodical to address issues related to telecommunication; Views on...
- C-Block PCS: On The Verge Of A Notice. // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the rule of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the plasma-current switch (PCS) spectrum for businesses. Views of PCS carriers with C- and F-Block licenses; Petition filed by Sprint and US West for PCS licenses.
- FCC Plans New Spectrum Cap Rules Before Year-end. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p142
Announces the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to launch a rule-making to reconsider the need for frequency spectrum aggregation limits in telecommunication industry. Decision of the FCC on the 45 megahertz spectrum cap; Recommendations from the Wireless...
- Possible competitive bidding process improvements discussed. Wayne, Debra // RCR;06/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission appears to be unable to establish an auction plan for the telecommunications industry on which all parties can agree. Areas of contentions; Factors which resulted in a lack of financial success of F-block personal and wireless...
- Carriers Gear Up For Number Portability. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p20
Highlights the preparation of wireless companies for the deadline of number portability capabilities given by the United States Federal Communications Commission. Functions of number portability; Details on the cost analysis conducted by Airadigm Communications Inc; Why wireless companies need...
- Spectrum speculation. Ankeny, Jason // Wireless Review;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p19
Comments on the auction #58 initiated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Amount generated from the auction; Implication of the poor outcome of the auction on the wireless industry.
- Auctions: It's A Wrap. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;01/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the finalization of C- and F-Block re-actions by the United States Federal Communications Commission on January 26, 2001. Net sales of the auction; Bidders at the auctions; Details of the bidding.