VoiceStream Adds Texas Markets
- Appetite Satisfied, Time To Digest. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p28
Focuses on the acquisitions of VoiceStream Wireless. Views on the integration deal of VoiceStream with Omnipoint; Implication of the acquisition of Aerial Communications by the company; Terms of the deal.
- Mega-merger Leaves VoiceStream's Resellers Guessing. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the effects of the merger of VoiceStream and OmniPoint to wireless communication resellers. Failure of OmniPoint to give the commissions of its resellers; Challenges faced by VoiceStream over the issue; Views of analysts on the billing and compensation problems.
- VoiceStream Closing On Omnipoint. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p17
Focuses on the pending acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. on Omnipoint Communications. Comments from VoiceStream president Bob Stapleton; Strategies taken by the company.
- At Year's End... Harter, Betsy; Beach, Tarre // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on the mergers, price plans, subscriber growth and technology roll-outs in 1999 in the wireless communication industry. Factors considered by NeoPoint in designing its NeoPoint 1000 handset; Benefit offered by the merger of Aerial Communications and VoiceStream Wireless; How the calling...
- E-911 Life Line. // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p80
Presents a series of random calls to wireless service providers to determine how a customer might be treated and the accuracy of distributed information. Aerial Communications; Bell Atlantic Mobile; VoiceStream Wireless.
- Carriers go nationwide. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p1
Highlights major transactions in the wireless communications industry in the United States as of September 27, 1999. Bell Atlantic Corp. and Vodafone AirTouch PLC's decision to link their wireless assets; VoiceStream Wireless Corp.'s plan to buy Aerial Communications Inc.; Speculations...
- VoiceStream set to become world's largest GSM carrier. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on VoiceStream Wireless Inc.'s planned merger with Omnipoint Communications Corp. Impact of the deal to VoiceStream's presence in the American Global Systems for Mobile (GSM) communications market; Consolidation trends in the GSM market; Strengths of VoiceStream's GSM business.
- GSM gains ground with merger. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/28/99, Vol. 236 Issue 26, p7
Explores the acquisition of Omnipoint Communications by VoiceStream Wireless. Comment from Terry Phillips of Omnipoint; What the combined company can provide.
- Services Stock Sector Steams Ahead. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p23
Focuses on the trading status of the stocks of wireless companies in the United States. Stock prices of Omnipoint Communications and VoiceStream Wireless; Condition of the stocks of personal communication system; Factors that contributed to the increase value of wireless stocks.