- Chip capacitors for microwave application. Kawamoto, Nobuhiko // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on microchip capacitors with features suitable for microwave communication systems. Thin film and inter digital capacitors made directly on the circuit substrates; Configurations of single layer chip capacitors.
- Microwave path design: The basics. Ashley, Jeff // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p22
Part III. Describes the microwave path design process. Path reflections on fading; Advantage of using vertical polarization; Derivation of a power budget and the fade margin.
- PCS spectrum: What's yours will be mine. Lusk, Thomas // America's Network;9/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 18, p34
Reports on the personal communication services (PCS) licensees takeover of microwave users' spectrum in the United States. Microwave incumbent relocation and PCS equipment deployment; Determination of PCS market value; Transmission lines and pressurization; Expenses for the microwave radio...
- Microwave's tide comes in. Neighly, Patrick // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p40
Focuses on the growing popularity of microwave multi-path distribution (MMDS) in the telecommunication market. Capabilities of MMDS; Challenges faced by companies using MMDS; Advantage offered by MMDS network; Target market of Sprint and WorldCom for its MMDS effort. INSET: STANDARDS WARS.
- Microwave stepping up to the challenge. Yap, Swee-han // Telecom Asia;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p50
Discusses the growing use of microwave radio technology in Asia. Economic and technical reasons why Asian telecommunication carriers prefer microwave technology; Key benefit of the technology; Asian carriers which adopted the technology.
- Untitled. // Telephony;7/19/93, Vol. 225 Issue 3, p28
Features the Hololink 4000 Series of wavelength division multiplexing transmission systems, by Physical Optics Corp. Four clear channels per wavelength window over one multimode fiber; Support of unidirectional and bidirectional operation; Provision for high-fidelity, adjustment-free video...
- Will the microwave industry jack up the price of PCS? O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;5/15/95, Vol. 228 Issue 20, p9
Discusses the effects of the microwave communication systems industry on the price of personal communication services (PCS). Relocation of microwave communication systems occupying licensed PCS spectrum; Need for new PCS licensees to pay for relocation; Potential abuse by microwave operators.
- Microwave. // Communications News;Apr95, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p57
Introduces microwave communication systems. Western Multiplex Corp.'s digital radio; Larus' license-free spread spectrum radio; Digital Microwave Corp.'s digital microwave radio platform.
- Microwave path design--the basics. Ashley, Jeff // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p26
Part IV. Discusses path reliability, one of the propagation-related basics of microwave path design. Bell standard for short-haul propagation reliability; Design of microwave links to meet a specific reliability factor; Factors that may affect path reliability; Techniques used to improve path...