Bankruptcy Decision Reversed
- NextWave, FCC argue license value in court. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;04/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
Discloses that NextWave Personal Communications Inc. has asked a judge of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York to devalue its C-block licenses as a prelude to its request for Chapter 11 reorganization. NextWave as plaintiff in an adversarial proceeding...
- NextWave Victory Positive for Wireless. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on U.S. Supreme Court's decision that the Federal Communications Commission violated the bankruptcy code when it revoked the licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Valuation of NextWave's assets; Amount of NextWave's loan to the commission; Auction of NextWave.
- Airadigm is latest C-block casualty. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;08/02/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p1
Reports on C-blocker Airadigm Communications' filing for chapter 11 protection at the United States Bankruptcy Court in Madison, Wisconsin as C-block winner NextWave Personal Communications Inc. received a favorable ruling in its bankruptcy proceeding. Background on Airdigm; Challenges faced by...
- CIRCUIT COURTS SPLIT ON TRANSFERRING FCC LICENSES. Stuart, Jacqueline B. // Banking Law Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 118 Issue 2, p179
Compares the decision rendered by the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals with that of the Second Circuit Court on substantially similar bankruptcy cases involving NextWave Personal Communications Inc. and General Wireless Inc. Avoidance of fraudulent transfers; Equitable mootness...
- FCC granted emergency stay in NextWave case. Mooney, Elizabeth V.; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's receipt of a stay in its appeal against the bankruptcy reorganization of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Previous ruling of a court on the agency's request for a stay; Testimonies of Nextwave's executives on its plans for...
- FCC wins recent round in nextwave bankruptcy row. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission was able to put on indefinite hold NextWave Personal Communications Inc.'s Chapter 11 reorganization confirmation and consummation hearing. Commission's opposition to the bankruptcy court's jurisdiction over it; Bankruptcy court's...
- NextWave Battle: FCC Strikes Again? // Wireless Week;01/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the objections of the United States Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission to the plans of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. to file for bankruptcy.
- Manufacturing minutes. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;6/10/96, Vol. 230 Issue 24, p9
Features the firm NextWave, which became controversial when it began bidding for personal communication services. Formation by a group of high-ranking executives from Qualcomm; Approach to the wireless business; Manufacturing background; Seeking of carrier status.
- NextWave answers ownership questions. Wayne, Debra // RCR;12/02/96, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p1
Reports that NextWave Personal Communications Incorporated denied that it surpassed rules regarding foreign ownerships caps and outside control. Charges against NextWave by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC); How NextWave calculated its 23 percent foreign ownership figure. NextWave's...