Wiley's Fiscal '07 Revs Up 5%; Business Books Dominate Trade Side
- Wiley P/T Finishes First Fiscal '07 Quarter with 9% Revenue Gain. // Book Publishing Report;9/18/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p5
The article reports that the John Wiley& Sons Inc.'s Professional/Trade division reported a revenue of $85.7 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2007. The company's highlights for the first quarter includes the publication of the "Hotel California," by Barry Hoskyns, "What Israel Means to...
- Revenue Down Slightly At John Wiley & Sons P/T Segment. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports that John Wiley & Sons Inc. has reported a slight decline in revenue for fiscal quarter 2005 in the U.S. List of the company's flagship titles for the quarter; Factor that caused the sluggish financial performance; Statement of CEO William Pesce, on what drives the year-on-year growth...
- Margins Up At Wiley. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/25/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p7
The article discusses publishing company John Wiley & Sons as of June 2012, focusing on the company's fiscal year 2012 increases in sales and operating income, and it also provides a chart which details the company's segment sales figures in groups such as professional/trade and scientific.
- After Rocky Fourth Quarter, Wiley U.S. College Revenue Grows 3% in Fiscal 2004 to $152.9M. // Educational Marketer;6/21/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p1
Reports that U.S. college revenue at John Wiley and Sons of Hoboken, New Jersey, took an 11% tumble in the February 2004 to April 2004 period, holding year-end revenue growth to 3% at $152 million, compared to $148.2 million in 2002. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and...
- Pearson, Thomson, Wiley Settle To Stop U.S. Sale Of Foreign Editions. // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the efforts of Pearson Education Inc., John Wiley & Sons Inc., and Thomson Learning Inc. to stop the sale of lower-priced foreign editions of college textbooks online in the U.S. Settlement of a lawsuit against Pelican Bookshop; Details of the settlement; Contention of the publishers.
- Financial Briefs ... // Educational Marketer;9/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the decline of U.S. higher education revenue at John Wiley & Sons in Hoboken, New Jersey. Reasons for the decline; Amount of revenue generated by the publisher in the first quarter of September.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ... // Educational Marketer;4/18/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the acquisition of London, England-based Whurr Publishers Ltd. by Hoboken, New Jersey-based John Wiley & Sons Inc. Business background of Whurr Publishers Ltd.; Advantage gained by John Wiley & from the transaction.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;03/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p7
Presents news items related to book publishing industry in the United States as of March 12, 2001. Financial performance of John Wiley & Sons in the first quarter of 2001; Revenues of Thomson Corp. during 2000.
- 2004 Hardcover/Paperback Advice & Misc. Bestsellers by Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p8
Presents a continuation to a chart depicting the list of 2004 hardcover and paperback bestseller by publisher in the U.S. as of September 26, 2004. Hyperion company; John Wiley & Sons Inc.; Inner Ocean Publishing Inc.