Moses at the Met
- The subject is Moses. Davis, P.G. // New York;10/8/90, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p61
Reviews the opera `Moses und Aron,' written by Schoenberg and performed by the City Opera. The Metropolitan Opera's `La Boheme' is briefly reviewed.
- Schoenberg, Anyone? Ross, Alex // New Yorker;03/08/99, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p84
Reviews the music drama `Moses und Aron,' by Arnold Schoenberg.
- An astonishing Moses und Aron. Swed, Mark // American Record Guide;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p39
Reviews the opera performance of `Moses und Aron,' at the Netherlands Opera in conjunction with the Salzburg Festival, played in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- At last, the promised land? Coleman, Alexander // New Criterion;May99, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p58
Discusses the Texaco-sponsored radio broadcast of Arnold Schoenberg's `Moses und Aron,' from the Metropolitan Opera. Unfavorable response expected from listeners of the Saturday matinee broadcast; Persistent doubts and questions regarding Schoenberg's opera; Conflicting opinions on Schoenberg's...
- Magnificent problems. Griffiths., Paul // New Yorker;1/15/96, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p84
Reviews productions of Arnld Schoenberg's `Moses und Aron,' and `Erwartung.'
- Questioning the Wunderkind. Simon, John // New Leader;May/Jun2001, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p51
Interviews Tobias Maria Blauschuh, an opera director from Germany. Opinion on his reputation as a radical opera director; Information on his approach to the Golden Calf orgy scene in the opera `Moses und Aron'; Details on his ideal opera production.
- HAMBURG STATE OPERA. Blomster, Wes // American Record Guide;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p26
Reviews the opera "Moses und Aron," performed at the Hamburg Staatsoper in Hamburg, Germany on November 14, 2004.
- Music in Concert. // American Record Guide;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Presents information on several operas in the United States in 1999. Premiere of the opera `Peony Pavilion,' at the University of California/Berkeley on March 5; `Lizzie Borden,' production staged by the New York City Opera on March 6; `Moses und Aron,' opera to be conducted by Pierre Boulez on...
- Returning to Moses. Johnson, Stephen // Gramophone;Oct96, Vol. 74 Issue 881, p20
Focuses on the return of composer and conductor Pierre Boulez to Schoenberg's `Moses und Aron,' 22 years after his CBS recording of the opera. Story behind the opera; Performances in Amsterdam and at the Salzburg Festival; Preparations for the 1995 Amsterdam production of `Moses und Aron';...