New undersea cable links from Global Crossing
- Global Crossing completes pan-European network. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p17
Reports on the completion by Global Crossing of the first phase of fiber optic network linking major European cities with North America and Asia as of February 2000. Expansion of Pan European Crossing to South America.
- Emergia first to complete Latin American undersea ring. Richards, Kathleen // Lightwave;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p35
Reports that Emergia Holding N.V. has completed a subsea fiber ring around most of South and Central America. Countries and companies that will be served by the network; Details on the equipment used in the undersea cable plant; Information on Global Crossing, Emergia's competitor in Latin...
- Changing the tide. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;07/10/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p70
Deals with Global Crossing's undersea fiber optic link between New York and London, England. Changes in undersea network connectivity; Advantage of the technology; Action taken by Level 3 Communication to facilitate change undersea.
- A CLOSER LOOK: GLOBAL CROSSING. Gale, Sarah Fister // PM Network;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on the ability and strategy of Paul Betts of London, England-based Global Crossing Ltd, a telecommunication provider, in managing a major installation projects. Betts understand the technical, cultural and strategic demands of managing major installation projects. He...
- Fiber-optic cable project announced. // Underground Construction;May97, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p60
Reports on the plans to construct a $1.4 billion undersea fiber-optic cable to connect China with the United States.
- Fiber-optic cable. // Industrial Physicist;Aug1999, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p16
Speculates the increase on the length for undersea fiber optic cable by 2003. Factors affecting the increase; Spending plans of telecommunication companies for fiber optic cables; Growth on the capacity of fiber optic global network.
- Fiber lines ready to come to life. Clark, Shasta // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p17
OneCleveland, is the much-hyped effort to bring high-speed Internet access to the Cleveland. On December 2, the fiber-optic lines on Euclid Avenue will come alive to give wired and wireless Internet access to people and businesses along their path. Businesses will be able to enter customer...
- Donations and buys give One Cleaveland more fiber. Clark, Shasta // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p18
OneCleveland recently gained rights to nearly 400 miles of fiber optic cable that extends from Garfield Heights to Westlake and from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport to Lake Erie. About 200 miles of fiber was donated to Case Western Reserve University, which in turn gave it to...
- How to strip and clean fiber-optic cable. Graham, William // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr98, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p42
Enumerates steps on how to strip and clean indoor and outdoor fiber-optic cables. Procedure of cable preparation; Procedure for removing outer jacket of outdoor cables; Procedure for removing inner jacket. INSETS: Some facts about indoor FO cables.;Some `gel removing' tips.;Some facts about...