New undersea cable links from Global Crossing
- Global Crossing completes pan-European network. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p17
Reports on the completion by Global Crossing of the first phase of fiber optic network linking major European cities with North America and Asia as of February 2000. Expansion of Pan European Crossing to South America.
- Emergia first to complete Latin American undersea ring. Richards, Kathleen // Lightwave;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p35
Reports that Emergia Holding N.V. has completed a subsea fiber ring around most of South and Central America. Countries and companies that will be served by the network; Details on the equipment used in the undersea cable plant; Information on Global Crossing, Emergia's competitor in Latin...
- Changing the tide. LaBarba, Liane H. // Telephony;07/10/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p70
Deals with Global Crossing's undersea fiber optic link between New York and London, England. Changes in undersea network connectivity; Advantage of the technology; Action taken by Level 3 Communication to facilitate change undersea.
- A CLOSER LOOK: GLOBAL CROSSING. Gale, Sarah Fister // PM Network;Feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on the ability and strategy of Paul Betts of London, England-based Global Crossing Ltd, a telecommunication provider, in managing a major installation projects. Betts understand the technical, cultural and strategic demands of managing major installation projects. He...
- Fiber-optic cable project announced. // Underground Construction;May97, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p60
Reports on the plans to construct a $1.4 billion undersea fiber-optic cable to connect China with the United States.
- Fiber-optic cable. // Industrial Physicist;Aug1999, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p16
Speculates the increase on the length for undersea fiber optic cable by 2003. Factors affecting the increase; Spending plans of telecommunication companies for fiber optic cables; Growth on the capacity of fiber optic global network.
- Utility workers learn to install fiberoptic cable. Marks, John // Electrical World;Aug97, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p29
Presents information on the installation of fiberoptic cable in the United States. Types of fiberoptic cable used for underground and overhead; Comments from Victor Monfort, supervisor of communications at Jacksonville Electric Authority; Perception that this type of installation is rather...
- Fiber optic company has its eye on local gas lines. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/31/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p14
Examines the fiber optic-based Internet connection through local gas lines in California. Reduction on the cost of laying down fiber lines; Advantage of optic-based Internet; Assessment on the problems of telecommunications industry.
- Fiber cable fundamentals. Vokey, David // Telephony;08/17/98, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p36
Stresses the need for companies that deploy fiber optic cable to weigh often-overlooked factors, such as proper grounding and contractor dig-ups, when they choose a cable design. Cost/performance tradeoffs of design options, metallic-armored or all-dielectric; Use of direct-buried design for...