- Efficient controls give pyramid power. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p78
Reports on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system upgrade at the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco, California. Replacement of pneumatic devices by direct digital controls (DDC); Things monitored by DDC control sensors; Estimated annual energy and operating savings.
- HVAC Trials. Greim, Clifton W.; D'Angelo, David // American School & University;Dec99, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the complexity of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems of buildings. Weakness of centralized (HVAC) systems that is controlled by a computer; Importance of testing HVAC systems; Explanation on commissioning, a trial process HVAC systems; Cost of HVAC commissioning....
- What can you do with hydronics? Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p38
Discusses the application of hydronics in buildings. Convective heating and cooling; Radiant heating; Snow melt; Towel warmers; Domestic hot water.
- Heating and Cooling Equipment. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p172
The article lists the estimated costs for hydronic heating and controls system which includes hydronic boiler, cast iron radiators, and hydronic radiation baseboard heaters.
- Heating and Cooling Equipment. // National Construction Estimator;2008, Issue 56, p174
The article lists the estimated costs for hydronic radiant floor heating systems which includes the circulating pump, boiler, and expansion tank.
- Dial M for Maintenance. Raiford, Regina // Buildings;Sep2000, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on the maintenance of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) in buildings with the help of the Internet. How the Renewable Energy Policy Project in Washington, D.C. educates the public on renewable energy technologies; Details on HVAC monitoring systems;...
- Snow-melt commissioning eases your life later. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the role of commissioning process in hydronic heating system. Description of commissioning process; Atmospheric conditions at the time of commissioning; Parameters which must be documented in a commissioning process.
- Back to basics. Ellis, Rebecca; McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Jan1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p11
Presents questions with corresponding answers in different heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) conditions. On-off control in the `off' position of fan-powered box (FPB) with baseboard radiation and FPB with heating coil; On-off control of FPB in the `on' position; Commissioning...
- Briefs. Olsztynski, Jim // Supply House Times;Jan2004, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p26
Reports on developments concerning the pipes, valves and fittings sector in the U.S. as of January 2004. Distribution center opened by Eastern Industrial Supplies in Spartanburg, South Carolina; Status of the construction of Amitech USA Ltd.s' production facility in Zachary, Louisiana;...