Air-Intake Filtration and Cooling-Equipment Maintenance
- Pressure loss and regenerability of nonwoven bag filter materials for cleaning air. Ermakov, V.; Sergeenkov, A.; Konyukhova, S. // Fibre Chemistry;May2007, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p237
Mathematical dependences are derived for determining air-cleaning efficiency as a function of the number of filter material regeneration cycles. Filter material with the optimum physicomechanical properties was determined based on an evaluation of regeneration and cleaning efficiency.
- Filtration -- as basic for air as for water. // Water Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p51
The article discusses the purposes of air filters. One is for protecting the general well-being of the occupants of a space. Another purpose is for protecting the dÃ©cor of occupied spaces by removing the staining portion of airborne dust. It is also used for reducing maintenance of building...
- Toyo Seat USA customizes its air filtration. // Penton's Welding Magazine;Oct2007, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p57
The article features Toyo Seat USA and the air filtration units it utilizes in its three manufacturing plants in Tennessee, Michigan and Kentucky. As a proponent of modern and effective air filtration system to protect its employees and equipment from dangerous gasses, smoke and fumes, Toyo Seat...
- Keep the air safe for a fresher day at work. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Feb2014, p24
The article reports that Egmont Air, a dust and fume extraction equipment firm, has developed a cartridge filtration solution for removing dust, smoke, and fumes from the workplace. Topics discussed include the contaminates produced by plasma, welding, ad spray-painting activities and the...
- NAFA Gets New Slogan, Logo. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/7/2011, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses the move of the National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) to launch its new logo and branding slogan.
- Luwa Unitary System. // Indian Textile Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p37
This article provides information on Luwa's compact air-conditioning unit which the company considers an extended development to its Compact Filter Unit. The combination of filter plant with the air-conditioning unit will allegedly be the ideal solution for space constraint. The unit is made in...
- ASHRAE Looks to Combine Standards, Create Benefits. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/7/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the plan to merge the two standards of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Airconditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) on air filter testing in the U.S. The combining standards 52.1 Gravimetric and Dust Spot Procedures for Testing Air Cleaning Devices and 52.2 Method...
- what's a merv? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/19/2010, Vol. 240 Issue 12, p12
The article offers information about a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV), which measure the effectiveness of a filter.
- Dust Collector With Ambient Filtration. // Production Machining;Nov2007, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p50
The article evaluates the Airpod free-standing dust collector from Airflow Systems Inc.