Walk the TALK
- Chicago toddled for NCEW. // Masthead;Winter2004, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p20
Presents information on the National Conference of Editorial Writers convention which was held at the Wyndham Chicago Hotel in Illinois from September 23 to October 28, 2004. Appearances by Chicago Mayor Richard Daley and U.S. Senator Barack Obama in the conference; Activities during the...
- A LITTLE SUNSHINE ON CHICAGOS SOUTH SIDE. King, Susan F. // Environmental Design & Construction;Sep2006, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p22
The article focuses on the 51 unit apartment project of the Mercy Housing Lakefront, a nonprofit developer of affordable housing in Chicago, Illinois. The apartment project named as Went Commons situated in Chicago South Side is considered to be a sustainable development project through the...
- Called to order. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/01/98, Vol. 21 Issue 22, pA123
Presents the perspective of Mayor Richard M. Daley in relation to the Democratic Convention held in Chicago, Illinois during 1996. Reference to the riotous national political convention held in 1968; Comments made by Mayor Richard M. Daley; Reason for the decision to go after the convention for...
- Daley has own Olympic task here at home. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p12
The article comments on the bad conditions of the public transit system of Chicago, Illinois. It observes that public-transit riders get frustrated as they wait for screeching trains or bunched buses. It states that Mayor Richard M. Daley who on his Olympic trip to Beijing, China rode the city's...
- The city that made gangster-style rubouts famous has struck again. // Aviation History;Sep2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Editorial. Comments on the closure of the airport at Meigs Field, Chicago, Illinois. Problems involved in the closure of airports; Element of politics involved involved in the closure; Justification for the closure made by the Mayor of Chicago Richard M. Daley.
- 2001: A Roof Odyssey. Damato, Rick // Roofing Contractor;Jul2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p6
The author reflects on an energy code introduced by Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley in 2001 to promote efficiency and protect the environment. He explains that the code set forth requirements for new roofing systems and repair and replacement of existing systems relating to insulation...
- Greening it up: a top priority. Stone, Emily // Crain's Chicago Business;1/19/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that as the new U.S. administration is pledging to make green jobs a key part of its economic recovery plan, Mayor Richard M. Daley, a green activist, will use the opportunity to make Chicago more greener. The first step for many is figuring out which sectors of the green...
- Viewpoint. // Business Credit;Jun96, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p48
Opinion. Presents a letter by Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley welcoming the National Association of Credit Management on its 100th Credit Congress and Exposition for 1996.
- viewpoint. Chodikoff, Ian // Canadian Architect;May2005, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p8
Comments on the achievements of Mayor Richard M. Daley of Chicago, Illinois related to the urban design of the city, as of May 2005. Number of school campus parks created during Daley's term; Information on the Millennium Park; Overview of a symposium on sustainable architecture.