- Hydroair: the best of both worlds. Reid, James // Contractor Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on hydroair systems used to provide heating and air conditioning effects in a building. Advantages of hydroair systems over hydronic-heating only systems used in homes; Construction and working principle of a hydroair system.
- Chiller Gets a Retrofit. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/13/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 11, p35
The article reports that the East County Family Resource Center in San Diego, California has retrofitted its chiller with one R-134a centrifugal Turbocor compressor. The center offers self-sufficiency services for a better quality of life for all individuals and families in San Diego County....
- Getting Started in Comfort Control. Sellers, David A. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p13
Presents advice and resources for those looking to master controls for comfort cooling and heating. Information on courses focusing on control systems; Availability of the "Control System Design Guide"; Focus of the "Functional Testing Guide: From the Fundamentals to the Field."
- Hydronics offers a cool, comfort advantage. Cunniff, Greg // PM Engineer;Jul2013, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p22
The author discusses advantages offered by the hydronics system to deliver air conditioning as compared to air and refrigerant or direct expansion (DX) systems. Among the advantages of hydronic water systems include reliable heating and air conditioning, indoor comfort, lower energy costs, and...
- Air conditioning helps cool 'little' historic landmark. // Snips;Aug2009, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p64
The article reports on the installation of a small-duct, high-velocity cooling system from Unico Inc. at the Harry S. Truman Little White House museum in Key West, Florida. According to the article, it used to be the winter vacation home of former U.S. President Truman but it now served as a...
- Your cooling options. // Choice;Oct98, p32
Offers advice for choosing home cooling systems in Australia. Determining the appropriate system; Energy-efficient house design; Insulation; Shading; Fans; Evaporative air coolers; Refrigerative air coolers. INSETS: Getting cool, staying cool (home climate control);Contact points (for...
- INNOVATION EXAMINATION. Mumma, Stanley // Engineered Systems;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p48
This article explores the new approach of meeting both the thermal loads and the ventilation requirements of buildings, and to compare that performance with conventional VAV systems and DOAS employing ceiling radiant tooling panels, hereafter referred to as DOAS-radiant. The new approach...
- Being Radiant. Westlund, Ryan // Construction Specifier;Jun2014, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p66
In-slab hydronic radiant heating and cooling systems, along with downsized forced-air systems, are gaining popularity as a means of optimizing thermal comfort while reducing energy consumption. Typically designed in conjunction with radiant heating, radiant cooling systems circulate cooled water...
- Efficient controls give pyramid power. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p78
Reports on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system upgrade at the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco, California. Replacement of pneumatic devices by direct digital controls (DDC); Things monitored by DDC control sensors; Estimated annual energy and operating savings.