LTC Raises The Bar On Meal Service
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4
Presents news briefs on hospital food service in the U.S. as of July 15, 2005. Increase in meals being served to patients and residents at long-term care facilities according to a research conducted by the "FoodService Director" periodical; Sales generated by Wahoo West Cafe at the University...
- Examining the Relationship Between Workplace Support and Life Satisfaction: The Mediating Role of Job Satisfaction. Newman, Alexander; Nielsen, Ingrid; Smyth, Russell; Hooke, Angus // Social Indicators Research;Feb2015, Vol. 120 Issue 3, p769
This paper examines the influence of perceived organizational support and perceived supervisor support on employee life satisfaction. Structural equation modelling on data from 393 nurses from two Chinese hospitals revealed that job satisfaction fully mediated the relationship between perceived...
- Setting the tone for a new retirement age. Pond, James // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p28
The article considers the impact on long-term care businesses of the influx of older people with greater demands on and expectations of their foodservice providers. Barry Robinson of Sysco predicts that food preference of the U.S. senior will change greatly as time goes by. The changes are...
- Long-term care braces for growth. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the improvement in food service at long-term care facilities in the U.S. according to the Long-term Care Industry Census Report released by the "FoodService Director" magazine. Quality of foods being served to ensure seniors' health; Efforts of food service operators in providing...
- HOW NURSING HOME F/S IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the performance report of food services at long-term care facilities in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in annual food purchases; Average meals-served-per-chain during the year; Total beds of the facilities; Average daily allocation during the year.
- Anthony's Pier 4 partners to feed nursing home patients. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p108
Reports on the partnership between food service operator Anthony's Pier 4 of Boston, Massachusetts, and Aurum Network, an operator of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Terms of the deal.
- Nursing home converts lounge. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the opening of the Big Bear Cafe at the Suffield House, a long-term care facility in Suffield, Connecticut. Facility's use of a ticket system in lieu of cash; Patio-style tables with glass tops; Vending machine for sodas and breakfast items.
- The Care Expert. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;May2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p6
The article provides an answer to a question related to deficiency-free surveys of long-term care facilities.
- Senior momentum. // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p39
Focuses on the reduction in the average daily food allocation and cost of long-term care (LTC) chains participating in the annual Long-term Care Industry Census Report in 2003. Reasons for the reduction in daily food allocation of LTC chains; Percentage decrease in their average daily food...