Faster Cooking, Less Labor
- RAPID COOKING. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/8/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4672, preceding p33
The article offers information on cooking appliances needed for rapid cooking. It states that microwave oven is one of the commonly used appliance, popular among households also. It mentions that impinger or conveyor ovens are invaluable equipment in busy food service operations. It highlights...
- kitchen notes. Wilson, Sally // Australian Table;Nov2005, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p136
Evaluates several vegetable peelers that can make food preparation easier. Solingen Peelstar Vegetable Peeler; OXO i-Series Swivel Peeler; Eterna Swivel Peeler; Zyliss Swivel Peeler.
- The Broaster Company. Markwardt, Mark // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p118
The article discusses The Broaster Company, a cooking supply and food company. Some of Broaster's top products are its chicken and its pressure-fryers. The company focuses mostly on restaurants, grocery stores, and convenience stores for its business, and has a well-established reputation for...
- Operators arm themselves with technology, innovation. Scarpa, James // Nation's Restaurant News;2/23/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p23
Information on the North American Food Equipment Manufacturers Association (NAFEM) Show 2009 held in Orlando, Florida on February 5-7, 2009 is presented. The trade show provided an opportunity for industry professional to learn more on cutting-edge foodservice equipment as well as how to sustain...
- Prep school. Bignold, Dan // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/10/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4281, p49
Focuses on the machines designed for food preparation and processing. Description of the food processors; Significance of food preparation machines to the catering services industry; Information on several food processors.
- EQUIPMENT SHOPPER. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p69
Provides information on food service and kitchen equipment. Capabilities of the Bizerba SE12D Slicer from Univex; Features of the Simpli-Flex Ice Cream Cone Dispenser from Tomlinson's Modular Dispensing Systems; Shapes and sizes of stainless-steel Pasta Cookers from Pronto Products; Advantages...
- Getting Staff to Come Clean. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;8/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p48
Offers suggestions on the cleaning of foodservice equipment. Foodservice equipment that are difficult to clean; Tips on cleaning meat slicers; Need to instill in employees the significance of cleanliness.
- Spice and easy. Bruce, Anne // Caterer (2055-7817);10/31/2014, p54
The article reports that the British food service industry is beginning to use Korean-flavored sauces. Topics discussed include the mainstream adoption of Asian-flavored sauces, such as soy sauce and teriyaki sauce, and the increasing popularity of sweet and spicy sticky sauces that add value to...
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p110
The article offers information on several products for the food service sector including the Casadio Enea Automatic Bean Grinder Machine, Giant Calamari Fries from SeaWings and Easy Gourmet Raw Breast Fillets from Brakebush Brothers.