HMR Still Finds A Market
- 2002 Outlook: Frozen Victory? Wellman, David // Frozen Food Age;Dec2001, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p1
Discusses the findings of studies about the state of the food service industry in the United States in 2002. Factors which contributed to the slow down of the industry; Increase in the purchasing of in-home meals such as frozen foods; Forecast on the decline in takeout dining; Challenges faced...
- Nestle's Marra offers a warning and a challenge. Friedman, Michael // Frozen Food Age;Aug96, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on Nestle Frozen Food Co. executive vice president Ed Marra's discussion of how frozen foods can compete effectively with restaurants and other segments of the food service industry, during the 1996 meeting of the Southeastern Association of Frozen Food Councils. Advertising spending of...
- Nov. index up 4.09%. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p79
Presents an overview of the commodities and frozen foods market and the wholesale food service market of the United States for the week of December 15, 1998. Percentage increase in the average commodities market index; Decline in wholesale butter prices; Pork index; Trends in the prices of...
- ConAgra Shifts Services. // Frozen Food Age;Oct2001, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the plan of ConAgra Foods to serve foodservice customers of the Louis Kemp frozen food brand in the United States. Shift in the sales and distribution responsibilities of Bumble Bee Seafoods to Singleton Seafoods.
- New York-based meal delivery firm picks SLC for distribution center. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/5/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p3
Reports that New York-based frozen meal delivery firm Home Bistro Inc. will establish a distribution center in Salt Lake City, Utah in October 2005. Reason for choosing Salt Lake City as the firm's second distribution center site; Methods used by the firm in delivering its meals to customers;...
- IN FROM THE COLD. White, Emma // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/12/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4581, p30
The article presents information on the benefits of frozen foods. Frozen food offers numerous benefits for caterers including cost savings, year-round availability, portion control and reduced wastage. Advances in freezing technology have led to improvements in the taste and texture of frozen...
- Valley lands major senior programs. // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p14
Valley Services Inc. has signed contracts with the Alabama Department of Senior Services and the Suburban Boston Consortium of Senior Meal Providers. The deal is a three-year agreement to provide more than 15,000 hot and 3,500 frozen meals per day. It requires the company to build seven...
- Frozen foods dealer to build facility in Payson. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/9/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the plans of the frozen food company Schwan's to build an office/warehouse/distribution facility in Salt Lake City, Utah as of December 9, 2002. Size of the facility; Information on the products of Schwan's; Number of employees for the facility.
- Too many cooks; Pentagon turns to frozen foods. // Frozen Food Age;Aug97, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p73
Reports that the US Department of Defense has called the frozen food industry for help in accelerating a projected swing to frozen convenience systems for feeding of military personnel. Annual amount spent by the Defense Department for food service; Amount spent for labor and facilities.