Farm To Table
- NSF creates foodservice disposable glove protocol. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/24/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p66
Reports that nonprofit group, NSF International, has developed a program for the certification of disposable food-contact gloves. NSF Protocol P155; Use of medical glove guidelines and food-specific requirements to help guarantee safety, strength and cleanliness; FoodHandler's introduction of...
- Truth in labeling: Public-interest group's name should reflect agenda or risk loss of credibility. Martin, Richard // Nation's Restaurant News;9/2/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 35, p25
Editorial. Comments on role of the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) in the food service industry in the United States. Criticism of CSPI comments on the food service industry; Restaurants cited in the 'Best and Worst' press release of CSPI; Analysis of the relevance of the name...
- FOOD FIGHT. Johnson, Tom // MinnesotaBusiness;Apr2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the formation of nonprofit organization Minnesota Food Truck Association (MFTA) for issues concerning food trucks in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Elmview brews employment opportunities, too. O'Donnell, Bernadette // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, pB3
Presents a corporate profile on Wenatchee, Washington-based nonprofit company called Elmview Espresso. History; Business performance; Employment opportunity policies of the company.
- The Second Chance CafÃ©. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p26
The article features Mezza CafÃ© in Seattle, Washington. According to the author, nonprofit organization Pioneer Human Services manages the restaurant which employs people who undergone rehabilitation as well as those people in the margins of society. Pioneer food operations vice president...
- CHART conferees focus on ways to validate training investments. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p6
Focuses on the semiannual conference for the Council of Hospitality and Restaurant Trainers, a nonprofit professional association for food service trainers, held at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth hotel in Montreal, Quebec. Objectives of the program; Highlights of the conference.
- Mama's Kitchen fundraiser a community favorite. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/19/2004, Issue 869, p54
Announces the fund raising event by Mama's Kitchen at Bourbon Street, San Diego, California, to be held on August 26, 2004. Five local restaurants to contribute an array of hors d'ouvres; Wine donated by Southern Wine and Spirits; Event to feature Blue Velvet, a popular local band.
- Partnership launches job skills training program. Dillard, Betty // Fort Worth Business Press;9/10/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p14
The article highlights the "Hope & Hospitality" food service training program launched by Fort Worth, Texas' eatery Z's Cafe and the local nonprofit organization Samaritan House. It describes the eatery as a family-operated bistro that provides work to people with special needs and who are being...
- Industry taps training programs to fill entry-level jobs. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;6/16/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p18
Reports that U.S. nonprofit organizations have tapped public and private funding to provide training programs to low-skilled workers by teaching them the business and culinary tools they need to enter or re-enter the workforce. Names of nonprofit organizations offering culinary training...