- Schlossberg to Head NYU Med. Ctr. F&N. // Food Management;Jul2007, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p10
The article announces that Barry Schlossberg has been appointed senior director of food and nutrition services at New York University Medical Center in New York.
- Making Boards Effective. Lawler, Edward E. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p8
Provides suggestions on improving the roles of boards of directors. Adoption of a wider stakeholder perspective; Forging of strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Hungary's new audit chief. // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p14
Looks at the increasing number of directors of corporations being sued for damages due to lack of awareness of all their statutory duties and liabilities. Changes in the way directors are viewed; Need for directors to have adequate insurance coverage.
- Women utility directors' agenda. Toussaint, Carol T. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 12 Issue 69, p21
Presents results of a survey on the agenda of women directors in corporate boards. Concern for environmental issues; Prioritizing of fiduciary responsibilities; Information needs and sources. INSET: Utility women's conference..
- Management succession: The board's role. Jadick, Theodore // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 13 Issue 75, p16
No abstract available.
- Looking beyond the CEO for management succession. Drury, James J. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p6
Focuses on factors affecting succession of chief executive officers (CEO). Corporate board's role in CEO succession planning.
- Boardroom Composition. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 22 Issue 126, p26
Reports on the increase in the number of women occupying seats in corporate boards. Companies where 40 percent are women corporate officers; Women chief executive officers at the helm of companies in the Fortune 500 list.
- Editorial. Higgins, Joanna // Director;Sep2007, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses various articles published within the September 2007 issue of "Director."
- Non-Executive Directors: Moving beyond the 'One-size-fits-all' View. Pye, Annie; Camm, Gillian // Journal of General Management;Spring2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p52
Explores the factors that influence the roles and performance of non-executive directors. Legal responsibility for formulating and implementing a company's strategy and important governance functions; Extent of regulation within the industry; Presence of influential stakeholders outside the...